Best possbile way to update .mac site?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OK, well, I made a big mistake and subscribed to .mac back in August. Now I'm stuck with crappy hosting that doesn't support CGI, MySQL, etc.

I just registered my name as a domain name (www.johnellenich.com) and I'm planning on doing a complete site redesign. I have a lot of galleries and movies of places that I've been and I always take pictures of the stuff that I'm doing. It just takes so long to make galleries and stuff for the pictures.

So I have two questions (I think):

What would be the easiest way to update the site daily (kinda like a blog) and have an archive of old updates.

and

What would be the easiest way to create photo galleries that are customised to my sites design (with the my own menu's and stuff).

These are the tools that I have available and would like my own design (not something that apple has provided for me- like the stupid little homepage thing).

Dreamweaver MX

Fireworks MX

Photoshop Elements 2.0

iPhoto

iMovie

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I have a site that I update nearly daily on .mac.

I use GoLive and open and edit all files directly from my iDisk like it was a local drive. If you have a fast connection that works great. I have blogs, but those must be ftped to a different server as you can not ftp to iDisk.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    so then you just edit the index file to add news to your site?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    Well I use frames.

And the blogs on my start page and the blogs pages are pulled from an earthlink account i have with my isp.