T-Mobile customers get 3% Daily Cash for in-store Apple Card purchases

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2019
Apple Card owners will soon be able to receive 3% Daily Cash rewards from T-Mobile in-store purchases, making it the first major US carrier to provide the highest-level cashback bonus to users of the Apple and Goldman Sachs credit card.

Starting from Friday, customers using Apple Card with Apple Pay at any T-Mobile store in the United States will gain 3% cashback on their purchase. While this can include products like the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, T-Mobile also advises it can also apply to one-time bill payments when performed in-store.

"We're all about giving customers the best value in wireless, and we're doing it again by offering 3% Daily Cash on Apple Card," said T-Mobile CEO John Legere. "More options. More value. And cash back, including on Apple's newest products. It's just the Un-carrier way."

While the offer commences from September 20, it is unclear if it is a temporary promotion or a long-term initiative, as thee is no apparent end date for the bonus.

T-Mobile joins a slowly growing roster of companies that are providing 3% cashback to Apple Card users, with that short list including Walgreens, Uber, and Uber Eats. Normally Apple Card users will have to buy items from Apple directly to get the full 3%, including hardware purchases, subscriptions to Apple Music, and buying items from the App Store.

Lower levels of Daily Cash are offered for using Apple Card with Apple Pay, though using the physical Apple Pay card brings the bonus down to 1 percent.
applesnoranges

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I’m hoping this is a trend that continues. Not so much for the extra 1% but for the increased exposure which will maybe lead to increased adoption of contactless payments. 
    edited September 2019 GeorgeBMacforgot usernameapplesnoranges
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Weird that Apple doesn't maintain a list of current offers (or at least none that I can easily find with a google search). I know it is a bit at odds with privacy but I think it would be nice to have a notification pop up on which is the best card available when in-store or on a site.
    forgot username
  • Reply 3 of 9
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    That's a nice way to get people into your store. If it was for bills, in general, I might even consider trying T-Mobile service in my area again.
    forgot username
  • Reply 4 of 9
    T-Mobile isn't afraid to step out of the pack and offer customers things other carriers don't even think of...

I've been very happy with their service.  
    And, when swapping phones with my grandson (I got his 7 and he got a new Xr) -- his was on Sprint and I'm on T-Mobile I got to see the difference:   My 'new' phone was activated on T-Mobile in literally a couple seconds.   But, it took 2 days and 3 trips between the Apple and the Sprint stores to activate his -- And, the major Sprint store we went to didn't even have a SIM card for it!

Then, I saw it again on Monday when I paired my new Series 4 LTE Apple Watch:  T-Mobile activated it as part of the pairing process virtually seamlessly even though I had never activated a watch with them previously.   So Smooth and Easy!   (You'd think was Apple!)
    forgot usernameapplesnoranges
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I’m hoping this is a trend that continues. Not so much for the extra 1% but for the increased exposure which will maybe lead to increased adoption of contactless payments. 
    Concur. I like Apple Pay because of its security, convenience, and speed. When I arrive at a PoS terminal, I first look for an Apple Pay logo or the contactless icon. If none evident, I ask, "do you take Apple Pay?" If the answer is anything other than "yes" I prepare myself to present a card, but will then next try it. (I get odd responses to asking if they take Apple Pay. "What's that?" "Some people can get it to work.") The really frustrating part is when you go to a store that has taken Apple Pay in the past, and then suddenly it will not function. Sadly, this happens most at a grocery store, and the temptation to abandon the transaction and leave means another 1/2 hour shopping trip at another store. It it was a causal sale, I'd be tempted to then leave. 

Hoping more of these promos pop up. I am a satisfied T-Mobile customer, and get 5% on a different card there, including my monthly bill. That card also gives me a cell phone replacement warranty: if my phone is lost or destroyed, they replace it. Don't think Apple Card offers that.

edited September 2019 GeorgeBMacforgot username
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Soli said:
    That's a nice way to get people into your store. If it was for bills, in general, I might even consider trying T-Mobile service in my area again.
    It works on bill pay too... 

you have to make the payment in-store though and the doc shows they will add the same feature for the T-Mobile app soon  
    GeorgeBMacforgot username
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Apple_Bar said:
    Soli said:

you have to make the payment in-store though and the doc shows they will add the same feature for the T-Mobile app soon  
    Now THAT is something!
    I haven't bought anything a cell store in over 20 years.   But I do pay my bill every month -- and that could make a very nice difference.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Apple_Bar said:
    Soli said:

That’s interesting. I wonder if AT&T allows in-store bill pay. A quick search in Maps shows the 3 stores closest to me accept Apple Pay. I recently checked their app to see if it accepted Apple Pay but so far no.

It’s kinda nice that I can pay my Xfinity bill using Apple Pay via their app. I wish more companies allowed that. 
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Apple_Bar said:
    Soli said:

That’s interesting. I wonder if AT&T allows in-store bill pay. A quick search in Maps shows the 3 stores closest to me accept Apple Pay. I recently checked their app to see if it accepted Apple Pay but so far no.

It’s kinda nice that I can pay my Xfinity bill using Apple Pay via their app. I wish more companies allowed that. 
    Not sure AT&T but shockingly Sprint already has Apple Pay built in on their app for bill pay. So if they add it to the T-mo app that will be a good addition. I have account with both so 2 or 3 percent is nice.
    Please report when you find out about AT&T I know on the register they take Apple Pay but I am not sure if the payment machine “atm like” is Apple Pay ready. Plus it’s AT&T after all if they run the payment on the register they will add a few bucks just cause...