Apple releases third developer betas of iOS 13.2, iPadOS 13.2, tvOS 13.2 & fourth watchOS ...

Posted:
in iOS edited October 2019
Apple has moved on to its third set of betas for iOS 13.2, iPadOS 13.2, and tvOS 13.2, along with the fourth beta build of watchOS 6.1, with developers able to install the new builds for testing.

Developers taking part in the program can download the latest test build via the Apple Developer Center, or receive it as an over-the-air update on enrolled devices. Participants in the public Apple Beta Software Program can usually expect a similar beta update to be issued shortly after the developer version.

Apple seeded the previous round of betas, with second builds of iOS 13.2, iPadOS 13.2, and tvOS 13.2 alongside the third watchOS 6.1 build, on October 10. Shortly after, Apple made the unusual decision to withdraw the second build for some models of iPad Pro, following reports of bricked devices following its installation.

The second builds for iOS and iPadOS offered a few notable changes, including the ability to opt in to a program where anonymized voice recordings of Siri requests are submitted for review to improve the virtual assistant's accuracy.

A number of new emoji have also been added, as well as changes to the Camera app enabling users to change frame rates and resolutions without needing to jump to Settings, an option to delete apps in the Home Screen's 3D Touch or Haptic Touch's contextual menu, and code elements referencing noise cancellation in a future model of AirPods.

AppleInsider, and Apple itself, strongly suggest users avoid installing betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, due to the potential for data loss or other issues. It is instead recommended to install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to ensure there are sufficient backups of important data beforehand.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Update: Public betas now available.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member

... as well as changes to the Camera app enabling users to change frame rates and resolutions without needing to jump to Settings...
    I can’t believe it has taken until now to have this ‘feature’.
    llamacaladanianAlinschiopu
  • Reply 2 of 16
    Are we expecting the update to Homepods to 13 around the release of 13.2? If not, any idea when we’ll get it?
    caladanianchaicka
  • Reply 3 of 16
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Public beta now available.
    ah, didn’t see the blurb at the bottom of the article. It wasn’t yet there when I first read the article.
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Howzabout we get back the ability to actually completely turn off Wi-Fi or Bluetooth directly from the Control Center?  And howzabout they move the Auto-Brightness control back to Display & Brightness where it belongs, as well as add it to the Control Center?

I mean seriously, WTF Apple?
  • Reply 5 of 16
    waverboy said:
    Howzabout we get back the ability to actually completely turn off Wi-Fi or Bluetooth directly from the Control Center?  And howzabout they move the Auto-Brightness control back to Display & Brightness where it belongs, as well as add it to the Control Center?

Out of curiosity, why do you need to change these settings so often?
    netmage
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Are we expecting the update to Homepods to 13 around the release of 13.2? If not, any idea when we’ll get it?
    I am expecting that cause I am seeing partial enablement/setup of personalized voice recognition for HomePod in Home App (under each user’s account settings). PB2 has a new personal request setting but grey out stating HomePod Voice Recognition Not Available.
    mpw_amherst
  • Reply 7 of 16
    waverboy said:

Hiking... you need to turnoff bluetooth and wifi so they are not constantly “seeking”, your battery is down to 10% or below and your not somewhere to charge it (at the fair with family) you don’t need Bluetooth or Wifi and should put screen brightness all the way down, along with disabling mobile data on most apps. That is just two examples, I could come up with a few more. Ever lived in the country or farm, you don’t always have power during storms... just saying. ;-)
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Hiking... you need to turnoff bluetooth and wifi so they are not constantly “seeking”, your battery is down to 10% or below and your not somewhere to charge it (at the fair with family) you don’t need Bluetooth or Wifi and should put screen brightness all the way down, along with disabling mobile data on most apps. That is just two examples, I could come up with a few more. Ever lived in the country or farm, you don’t always have power during storms... just saying. ;-)

You can use the Shortcuts app to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth. 
    fastasleepnetmagemelgross
  • Reply 9 of 16
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    netling said:
    waverboy said:

Those are pretty extreme examples, given we have Airplane Mode, Low Power Mode, so on, and it's rare you need to do all these things hence why they're not in Control Center. Wondering if you can set up a Siri Shortcut to just toggle all the things in one swoop, I would look into that.
    netmage
  • Reply 10 of 16
    This can be done in the Shortcuts app. You can also turn on or off low power mode. 
    edited October 2019 fastasleepnetmage
  • Reply 11 of 16
    One bug with Shortcuts and turning off Bluetooth and WiFi is it will often error out. Just run the shortcut again and it always works. I have sent in many bug reports on this. Not a big deal. 
    fastasleep
  • Reply 12 of 16
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member

This can be done in the Shortcuts app. You can also turn on or off low power mode. 
    This is awesome, thanks.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Can they please fix the signatures not appearing on emails unless you've typed something and then scroll to choose a different account from the list and then scroll back to the one you need. And the weird behaviour with screen swipes and orientation. What on earth is the vertical swipe doing on the horizontal layout.
  • Reply 14 of 16

Does using the Shortcuts app keep them off, or will they turn back on again?  If I'm in a place where I don't need wifi for an extended period of time, like camping, having to remember to turn it back off again every so often gets annoying.  And before someone says it, airplane mode isn't appropriate, because I do want phone service.
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 15 of 16
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    If you turn them off in Settings they won’t turn back on. If you are going camping, just go into Settings and turn them off. 
    fastasleep
  • Reply 16 of 16

Does using the Shortcuts app keep them off, or will they turn back on again?  If I'm in a place where I don't need wifi for an extended period of time, like camping, having to remember to turn it back off again every so often gets annoying.  And before someone says it, airplane mode isn't appropriate, because I do want phone service.
    I haven’t tested for longer than eight hours, however it turns Bluetooth and WiFi off at the settings level and fully off. As far as I know it will stay off.