Remove ability to change thread titles

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
For the most part I think it's ok, but Macintosh is doing it WAY too much.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    originally I had no problem with it and enjoyed having the ability to correct a title or whatever but too many people are abusing it and making things confusing.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I totally agree with this - there are a few threads right now that change daily. If you're keeping an eye on a thread for updates, and the name of it suddenly changes, it's a real pain.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    True, but if we change this, we will be looking at a lot more typos. I don't think it should change.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    We could leave it as an option for moderators only (they could edit typos).
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Hell no. One person out of almost three thousand members is abusing it. Ban the member, keep the freedom of editing titles.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Or maybe, rather than banning him, somebody could tell him he's not supposed to do it?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I don't know. I thought I was the only one bothered by this and I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be too anal. Like Calvin said, it's really confusing to follow a thread if it's name changes. I remember all of a sudden seeing thegelding's 100 post thread on his iMac and thought "How the hell did I miss this?" I thought I wasn't living up to my civic duty as a card-carrying member of AIFAA. Seriously, though, it should only be restricted to typos and then it can be only left to mods. At first I was really happy that I could make myself look like less of a dumbass by correcting a typo in a thread title, but it's not worth the trouble that some people are causing (intentionally or otherwise). Whew, that was a much longer post than it should have been...