Thread Moved To Different Forum : An Icon

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Hi guys,

I think that it would be nice to know if a thread has been moved to a different forum before you even click it to begin reading the posts.

Does UBB allow for a "moved" icon to be used?

If so, may I humbly offer up this one that I made just a few minutes ago? It's a folder with a green pointing upwards. The arrow is slightly animated, but I can remove the animation if desired.

Anyway, just thinking of ways to to make the boards even easier to navigate.....here's that icon:

Drew

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    That would be nice. But at least include a link to the moved thread at the end of the original. It would be nice to just click a link and continue reading, instead of using the pop up menu and then finding the same topic in the different forum.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I wonder if UBB allows the mod or admin to select a different icon for a moved thread....it may only be able to display the locked thread icon since the thread IS actually locked.

As far as providing a link to directly to the doppelganger thread, that WOULD be nice. Perhaps these are all suggestions that would best be made to the people who make the UBB software instead of our overworked mods?

Mods?

D
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    AFAIK there is no facility in UBB which allows a different icon to be used for a moved topic.

However, when you open a closed topic which has been moved you should see a message at the top of the page as shown here:

<a href="http://www.infopop.com"; target="_blank">Infopop</a>, the company which makes UBB, has forums where you can suggest such additions. Pay them a visit!

J :cool:
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    If I move any threads I'll edit the old thread title to "Moved: &lt;Old thread title&gt;". Don't expect this to be the case during MWNY, when you lot start smoking iCrack and posting a zillion thread in Future Hardware about what Steve is wearing on stage.

J :cool:
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jamie:

<strong>If I move any threads I'll edit the old thread title to "Moved: &lt;Old thread title&gt;". Don't expect this to be the case during MWNY, when you lot start smoking iCrack and posting a zillion thread in Future Hardware about what Steve is wearing on stage.

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Agreed. It's now official policy to append 'Moved:' to the front of the old threads.

Again, MWNY may be different.