god is represented in fireside chat...

brbr
Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
How about representing those who find religion to be nonsensical? You should also have an admin/mod named Uncertainty or Unknown to question the "higher power".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    "God Himself" has existed since well before Fireside Chat. It's not really that bad, is it?

Edit: Check the profile; created 11-19-01

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: Fran441 ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 7
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>"God Himself" has existed since well before Fireside Chat. It's not really that bad, is it?

Edit: Check the profile; created 11-19-01

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: Fran441 ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, I didn't know that but I do think in the religious debate forum a little equal representation could be a good thing.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    It's not exclusive to religious debates, despite the many topics in the forum now.

It's also a forum for arguments and political discussions.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Sigh...I know I'm going to get hammered for this, but what the hell...

(and if you're joking and just being sarcastic and silly, BR, I apologize in advance for not picking up on it...no harm, no foul)

However, if you're NOT joking or being sarcastic, then I'll say this: man, let it go.

You've been chasing fellowship ibook around for a day or so now, and you're started a couple of threads for no other reason than just to tweak him or fan the flames a bit.

Here's the thing: fellowship probably wouldn't go around and seek out or participate in threads at AI that he has no interest in or finds offensive or whatever.

In other words, fellowship isn't going to be contributing to a post on Marilyn Manson's autographed cock ring being auctioned off at Sotheby's.

So why can't/don't you take the same approach if you're so offended/upset by religion or Christianity? You go walking into a thread, posted by someone you KNOW you don't agree with. Then get all riled up and everything gets all antagonistic and everyone's is eventually hurling insults and being a bit dickheaded to each other.

Honestly, I see you (and a few others) keeping all this going WAY more than fellowship, Noah or CosmoNut.

And, on another note, the three of them - in the face of some VERY harsh, uncalled-for and derogatory statements - have admirably shown more grace, restraint and good manners than anyone else around here.

Part of being a good Christian, I suppose. Maybe some of you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it?

What do you - and others - care what fellowship or anyone else thinks of believes? Honestly: is it, in any way whatsoever, impacting your life and how you live it?

Ignore him if it's that offensive and maddening. That's what I do to people who I just don't "get" or get along with or whatever.

Again, if you're being sarcastic in regards to this thread, then cool. I couldn't tell (hell, I can't tell anything here lately).

I guess I'm just having a tough time understanding how people can get so torqued up and passionate about something THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Would be like me arguing/debating all day long about purple fishsticks: personally, I don't believe they exist, therefore they're not really affecting my life one way or they other, so what do I give a damn if others do? Am I going to chase them around 24/7 and engage them in the exact shade of purple and texture they come in?

No, I'm not. I'm going to go and debate the merits of a 17" widescreen iMac like a good little AI'er.

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I'm hurt.

No jaguar for you.

Come back ONE YEAR!

• Reply 6 of 7
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    God Himself sounds a bit like the 'rat.

• Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by God Himself:

<strong>I'm hurt.

No jaguar for you.

Come back ONE YEAR!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ha! You are but a male chauvinist abomination of the real God (namely, me). Try to stop them from getting Jaguar.