Apple releases watchOS 6.2.1 with FaceTime Audio bug fix

Posted:
in General Discussion edited July 2020
Apple on Wednesday released watchOS 6.2.1, a minor update that addresses a FaceTime bug found in the previous version of the software.

watchOS 6.2.1, which patches a FaceTime bug, comes one day after similar updates to iOS and iPadOS.
watchOS 6.2.1, which patches a FaceTime bug, comes one day after similar updates to iOS and iPadOS.

The new watchOS update addresses an issue that prevented Apple Watch from participating in FaceTime Audio calls with devices running iOS 9.3.6 and earlier and OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and earlier.

watchOS 6.2.1 arrives just a day after Apple released iOS 13.4.1 and iPadOS 13.4.1, which both contained the same bug fix.

Users can update to watchOS 6.2.1 by heading to General > Software Update in the iOS Watch app. Apple Watches must be at least 50% charged, placed on a charger and in range of an iPhone to update.

Apple last updated the Apple Watch operating system in March with watchOS 6.2, which introduced in-app purchases for apps, an expansion of ECG support to three new countries, and a couple of bug fixes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    emoelleremoeller Posts: 574member
    I updated my Series 4 without issue.   But noticed after the update that the display was hyper-bright.  I went to settings and turned it down, but found that even if I turned the brightness all the way up it wasn't as bright as right after the update.

Anyone else notice this?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    emoeller said:
    I updated my Series 4 without issue.   But noticed after the update that the display was hyper-bright.  I went to settings and turned it down, but found that even if I turned the brightness all the way up it wasn't as bright as right after the update.

Anyone else notice this?
    Try restarting your series 4. FWIW I also updated my series 4 and did not experience your result.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    emoeller said:

Anyone else notice this?
    I have a similar issue. I always keep it on the lowest brightness setting. After the update, the brightness looked it it was on max. I tried rebooting the Series 4 a couple times, tried changing the setting on the Watch app, and the brightness is still stuck on full. I'd rather not do a restore, but it seems like the next step.
    edited April 2020
  • Reply 4 of 8
    emoelleremoeller Posts: 574member
    I ddi not need to reboot or restore my Series 4, I simply went to the Settings app on the watch and adjusted the brightness.  So far, so good for me.  

OLED screens are susceptible to burn in, so very high brightness is not only a battery drain but a potential future screen problem.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    emoeller said:

Anyone else notice this?

no
  • Reply 6 of 8
    speno68speno68 Posts: 1member
    Just updated and now the only complication I can place in the “middle” is Stocks
  • Reply 7 of 8
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    Still can't update my S2 to 6.2 or 6.2.1.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Decreasing the functionality of compilation options is a downgrade in my book, I hope they fix this as I prefer this option and like my music in middle. Just sayin..