Informational links.

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I just posted this in another thread, but I thought it would be good if maybe the moderators of certain fora could provide links at the top of each forum's page that could answer some of the most commonly asked questions in that particular forum.

I was thinking in particular about the thread in OS X's forum asking about mem management. Brad linked to some good articles on ars that would be good reading and provide far more information that most of us could.

This type of thing could also be used in, say current hardware or genius bar with basic trouble-shooting or hardware specs. I dunno. Just seems like a relatively easy way to get people's questions answered without too much redundancy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    FAQs and Stickies are possible with vBulletin and this would be an excellent use of them.

Suggestion noted.

Â*

Â*

Â*

Â*

Â*

Â*

/patiently waiting on the MacNN monkeys to update our software...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Actually, I just remembered that Jon has had some other interesting, far more radical ideas concerning the design of AppleInsider for which this type of FAQ would be perfect...

In either case, FAQs should definitely arrive soon after we switch to vB.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Cool beans. Thanks for the info. But I hope our transition to vB is smoother than the one over at MacNN. :/

/keeping my fingers crossed