LocalTalk

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
How about creating a main topic which is called "LocalTalk"? Sub Topics would be some of the mayor languages (french, german, spanish...).

AI is very international and this way some of us could have a chat in their native language.

Here's a sample on this forum:

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002248"; target="_blank">Swiss German at AI</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    [quote]Originally posted by Quick:

<strong>How about creating a main topic which is called "LocalTalk"? Sub Topics would be some of the mayor languages (french, german, spanish...).

AI is very international and this way some of us could have a chat in their native language.

Here's a sample on this forum:

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002248"; target="_blank">Swiss German at AI</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

Oke, en een beetje Nederlands, tussendoor, want daar wordt tegenwoordig ook te weinig aandacht aan besteedt.

Is hier overigens iemand, eender wie, die een woord of twee snapt van 'tgeen hier geschreven staat?

EDIT: 'n klein onvolledigheidje verbeterd

[ 11-28-2002: Message edited by: der Kopf ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    also iik verstands
  • Reply 3 of 5
    quickquick Posts: 227member
    [quote]Originally posted by der Kopf:

<strong>Oke, en een beetje Nederlands, tussendoor, want daar wordt tegenwoordig ook te weinig aandacht aan besteedt.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why don't you show where you are from. Why is your nick in german? Just being curious.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I'm from the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium, and my nick is in German because... well, how does it go with a nick? All of a sudden, it's there, floating in front of your eyes, and there's just no point denying it the right to be your nick.

I think it sounds quite... I don't know, it's almost like a cuss-word. I kind of like it, except for the fact that it makes many people think I'm German. I do not have anything against Germans, and I wouldn't mind being one if I was one, or even becoming one if it so happens (you know, marriage and all), but that is not the case, I'm not, nor will I be in the near future.

[Actually, if you care to know, it started with kopvlees (which is Dutch, and that was my nick back in the napster days, when I spent some time - not too much - chatting in those napster channels.) It stands for, literally, head-meat (kopf-fleisch), which you can actually buy in butchers around here (maybe there as well?). I always thought that something so revolting, but strangely fascinating... it became my nick. Maybe I thought der Kopf was a bit more international. Maybe it's not.]
  • Reply 5 of 5
    quickquick Posts: 227member
    [quote]Originally posted by der Kopf:

<strong>... well, how does it go with a nick? All of a sudden, it's there, floating in front of your eyes, and there's just no point denying it the right to be your nick.</strong><hr></blockquote>

After I had used my nick (which is actually the name of my daughter's guinea-pig) for the first time ever on another BBS I thought: This is probably the most boring/uninspired nick I ever saw... So I kept it.

BTW: I love belgian pommes frites.