Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
sorry already been talked about a million times. lock me up

[ 07-30-2002: Message edited by: tekmember ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    [quote]Originally posted by tekmember:

<strong>I'm just trying to put a few pieces together. it seems that apple might not release the g5. They seem to be distanceing themselves from motorola. If they don't there might be a reason. In MWNY apple released there first PC product (ipod). I think apples next move will be to realease osX for the intel and amd world. This might also explain why microsoft is getting ready to drop office for the mac.

Just some thoughts.</strong><hr></blockquote>

AppleWorks, QuickTime, FileMaker (once upon a time).. the iPod is not Apple's "first PC product" and was only a smart move for them to capitalize on an already successful product. And no, Microsoft is not getting ready to drop Office for the Mac. By the way, how are they distancing themselves from Motorola?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I think in the future (the distant future, 10+ years) there will be only one platform that everything is run on. You buy a program at the store, and surpise surprise, it runs on any computer available at the time. My guess is that all programs will be written for the same chipset (prolly some descendant of x86). But, your computer will have one (or more) of any number of operating systems, each unique from eachother, competing for the same user. You can buy any computer, and install any operating system. You don't have to buy windows if you buy a dell or you don't have to buy MacOS if you buy an apple.

I think that is the future, and I think OS X for x86 is a step in that direction.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fusion427:

<strong>I think in the future (the distant future, 10+ years) there will be only one platform that everything is run on. You buy a program at the store, and surpise surprise, it runs on any computer available at the time. </strong><hr></blockquote>

That would be worse than my wildest dreams!

Dobby