Did anyone catch the latest PowerMac image from MacRumors?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It appeared for a brief moment, but has since disappeared. Did anyone else see it? Did anyone think to save it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    i didn;'t save it but some one in another thread said that the reflections were exactly the same as a press photo from the apple site. fraud?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I saved it.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Last time I checked, macrumors had it in one of their fourms.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    sc-market,

you know where to sent those pics, yes?

hint, look at my e-Mail buton.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Someone want to describe how it looks, if no pictures show up?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by chych:

<strong>Someone want to describe how it looks, if no pictures show up?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Geez, guys. Just check the MacRumors forums. It's all still there, just not on the front page.

BTW, it's not a photo, but a PS rendition. The artist is quite clear on that point (apparently it came over to MacRumors from SpyMac).
  • Reply 7 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by chych:

<strong>Someone want to describe how it looks, if no pictures show up?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah. Download the current PowerMac frontal image from apple.com/pr

Now lower the contrast and add a slight silverish color cast to it. Move the speaker to the top. Note how all the shadows still match the original apple.com PR photo. All you have to do now is draw in some air vents and a gradianted CD bay.

In short, its a bad photochop job.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    A fake? What a relief!

Ugly, like Quicksilver with cancer.

Either stick with the existing case, or replace it with something entirely new and original. We don't need another lame El-Capitan variant.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    tjmtjm Posts: 367member
    The impression I got from the various posts and discussion around them was that this was admitted from the start to be a mock-up from someone who had seen the new case but didn't have a photograph. The original poster was trying to show what it looked like as best s/he could. If the new case is indeed derived from the current QS case, then starting with a QS photo seems a reasonable way to go. It sure beats a hand-sketch. OTOH, it could be a complete fantasy. Who knows at this point? More info for the rumor mills, anyway.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    For the quicksilver haters, I've stumbled acrossed a mock-up of a G4(or X1) new design that uses the same design ideas that back the Xserve and Ti-Book. In my opinion it is a great design, because it adds a 5.25 bay on the front (3 total.) And it retains the blinking lights as on the Xserve.

..But only August 13th (??) will give an explanation.

-walloo
  • Reply 11 of 12
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Yea I know of the case you speak of. I love it!!!!!! But I like the quicksilvers too. In time.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Don't do this here.

Locked.