Apple One bundle includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2020
Apple announced, at its Time Flies event September 15, that it will begin offering a new bundle called Apple One, which will consist of Apple's services billed monthly for one discounted price.

The Apple One plans
The Apple One plans

Apple made its Apple One Services bundle official, announcing that three tiers will be available for its customers. The tiers are as follows:

Price tiers of Apple One bundles

• The "individual" plan includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and 50GB of iCloud storage, for $14.95 a month.

• The "family" plan includes Apple Music, Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade, with 200GB of iCloud storage, and the ability to share among up to six family members, for $19.95 a month.

• The "Premiere" package will offer those plus Apple News+ and the new Fitness+ that's for $29.95 a month, and can also be shared with up to six family members.
The Premiere plan, per Apple, will save up to $25 per month, compared to subscribing to all of those individually.

The service will launch this fall. Apple One offers a 30-day free trial for any services that customers do not already have.

"Apple One makes enjoying Apple subscription services easier than ever, including Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, iCloud, and more," said Eddy Cue, Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. "With Apple One, you can access the best of Apple entertainment across all your favorite devices with one simple subscription."

The announcement of Apple One
The announcement of Apple One

Reports earlier this week stated that Apple had been registering domain names with the Apple One name, while there were also clues in the iOS code indicating eventual use of that name.

The arrival of the long-rumored bundle comes as the Services category has continued to become a more and more important part of Apple's business. Daniel Ives of Wedbush Securities, in August, assigned a value to that Services business of more than $700 billion.

The announcement was one of several announcements by Apple at the Time Flies event, which also included the Apple Watch Series 6, iPad Air 4, and an updated 10.2-inch iPad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 85
    F_Kent_DF_Kent_D Posts: 98unconfirmed, member
    That’s at least $20/month savings for me. I’m in.
    Beatsllamadhawkins541chasmd_2lolliverwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 2 of 85
    Will the individual services remain available for those that don’t need them all?
    entropyswatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 85
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Shame it's not mix and match in some way.  I like the look of Fitness+, and would appreciate News+ and Music+, but have no use for Arcade or TV+.
    razorpitScot1williamlondonwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 4 of 85
    Welp, looks like we'll be switching to the Apple One Family bundle. We're already paying $15/mo for music, one member $1/mo for 50gb, me $3/mo for 200gb (I only use 55gb), so combining them, and getting ATV+ and Arcade for $1 more? No reason not to.
    Beatsdewmerandominternetpersonchasmlolliverwilliamlondonwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 5 of 85
    I do not want even 1 of those services much less all of them combined lol.
    kkqd1337pscooter63Japheywilliamlondon
  • Reply 6 of 85
    That’s why you have choices
    tmayScot1StrangeDaysrusswasdasddewmeking editor the gratezroger73uraharapscooter63
  • Reply 7 of 85
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Once they announced Fitness+ I knew it was gonna be a bargain!

Will the individual services remain available for those that don’t need them all?

Of course.
    pscooter63lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 85
    crowley said:
    Shame it's not mix and match in some way.  I like the look of Fitness+, and would appreciate News+ and Music+, but have no use for Arcade or TV+.
    It looks as if all of those services are still available individually. It's just that if you get more you get a price break.
    StrangeDayslolliverspock1234watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 85
    they should have called it Apple Junk.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 10 of 85
    Did they say what happens to folks who are already paying for one of the services (in my case, Music)?  Does it just get rolled into the ONE program, or do we have to do something ourselves?
    Beatslolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 85
    That's actually money saved for my family. 
    StrangeDaysBeatslolliverwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 85
    Dumb, Fitness+ SHOULD BE INCLUDED!!!!
    williamlondon
  • Reply 13 of 85
    I'd use the Family bundle because we already have Apple TV+, Apple Music and iCloud Storage, but not Arcade.  But what I'd really like to do is drop Arcade and get 2TB of storage instead of 200GB.  And I have no need for News+ or Fitness+.  So I hope there's some flexibility to customize here.
    russwwatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 85
    Yes
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 85
    Thanks for letting us know, skippy. I was getting worried you wouldn't be happy, not using anything relevant to the discussion.
    Beatsking editor the graterandominternetpersonmike1pscooter63dewmechasmFileMakerFellerd_2lolliver
  • Reply 16 of 85
    I'm still disappointed that they refuse to up the storage capacities of the mid tier range. Like at least boost it to ½ TB. 200 GB is just barely enough for a family of 4 to store documents, email, photos and backup and 2 TB is too much.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 85
    Looks like a good deal for me.   I'm already paying for 2TB iCloud, Family Music and Apple Arcade now which costs $29.97 + tax.  I'm getting Apple TV+ free until December.  So, for 2 cents less, I'll get the same (including Apple TV+) with News and Fitness.  I'm in.
    StrangeDaysBeatstobiwanchasmdaveinpubliclolliverwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 18 of 85
    TripleDC said:
    Did they say what happens to folks who are already paying for one of the services (in my case, Music)?  Does it just get rolled into the ONE program, or do we have to do something ourselves?

You would have to upgrade because music will still be a stand alone option

• Reply 19 of 85
    Dumb, Fitness+ SHOULD BE INCLUDED!!!!
    It does, in the premier bundle
    StrangeDaysBeatslolliverwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 20 of 85
    xsmixsmi Posts: 139member
    I wonder how they would handle those of us who need 2TB of data on iCloud? So far the premiere saves me $15/mo and adds AppleTV+ and the fitness package. 
    russwlolliverwatto_cobra