Thoughts to the Iraqi People

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well I saw someone here send their thoughts to the US and British soldiers. But I did not se anyone send anyone to the Civilian Iraqi People. I think they are at leas as important as the US and UK soldiers. I am a passifistic person and refused to do military service for my country, because if it should be war I am against killing no mather what happens.

SO what I would like to say is my thoughts go to the Iraqi civilian, they are the one that is probably going suffer most in the oncoming war.

Nilka

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    rara Posts: 623member
    This war is for the Iraq people. Saddam is killing innocent Iraqis everyday.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    My thoughts to the Iraqi people?

If you support Saddam, then be prepared to die for what you believe in.

If you do not support Saddam, be prepared to be liberated.

There really isn't that much to talk about here if you ask me. Nobody is questioning if civilians will die or not. As in any conflict somebody is going to be painted the martyr. And countless US anti-war (or do we say anti-bush) people will stick up for them to get the warm fuzzies for being a 'humanitarian' or as you put it a passifist.

Actions speak louder then words, so perhaps instead of cooing over the 'poor iraqis' you should enlist in the peace core.

I respect the men and women in US service and trust them to spare as many civilians as possible. The Iraqi people are *already* suffering. It has been decided the ends justify the means. If we can liberate them now, the long term benifits will far far outweigh the consequences of war.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Yes, best wishes to the Iraqi civilians.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Here's hoping they have a prosperous and peaceful future without Saddam Hussein.

Here's also hoping that Hussein and his regime head out of town to save his people from war.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    A friend of mine is from Iraq. She moved here when she was 17. When she explained her views and opinions on this situation, I almost cried. She says she is SO happy that the U.S. is going to get rid of the tyrant known as Saddam Hussein. She thanks god that a man like President Bush is doing something about this man. She said 5,000 people a MONTH die under his regime...3,000 of which are children. SHe felt so persecuted, she always feared for her life. She wan't allowed to express her views for fear they would cut out her tongue. She was treated as a 2nd class citizen for being Christian. You have no idea what goes on there until you live there yourself. If this war is about oil, regime change, WHATEVER...it doesn't matter as long as we rid those poor people of that monster.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Ra,
    Quote:

This war is for the Iraq people. Saddam is killing innocent Iraqis everyday.

Why now though? The United States supported Saddam in 79 when they knew fully of his rampant mind. They knew he was executing close friends that knew too much about him, they knew he hated Jews and Kurds!!

What the hell are you doing? Justifying this war with your damned BUSH-ISM!! This is going to be a massacre just like what Colin Powell had to say about the Gulf War!

This is for the United States, this is for their vision of a world in their image!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    rara Posts: 623member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DigitalMonkeyBoy

Ra,

Why now though? The United States supported Saddam in 79 when... [snip]

What the hell are you doing? Justifying this war with your damned BUSH-ISM!! This is going to be a massacre just like what Colin Powell had to say about the Gulf War!

This is for the United States, this is for their vision of a world in their image!

First off, I wasn't around in '79, and I'm not familiar with that part of the history, so I can't really comment on it. However, what I'll say in response to that is this: It doesn't matter. We supported slavery 200 years ago. Does that mean we do now? No, of course not. So if we supported Saddam back in '79 does that mean a thing now? No, not really. Different President, different Administration, etc, etc. Maybe if we supported him in '79, then we were wrong, but now we have a chance to do something about it.

Massacre you say? Good. The sooner it's over the better. Nobody likes war, but this is what it's come to. We can argue about should have / would have / he did / they supported etc, etc. But what matters is now, what's going on now. People are dying in Iraq under Saddam's regime everyday. Read the post above yours, this is for the Iraqi people.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

I wasn't around in '79, and I'm not familiar with that part of the history, so I can't really comment on it

Oh come on, neither was I. That doesn't mean you couldn't check it out since it is now at your finger tips.

Regardless of what you know, the government does know and your government knew well what they were doing back then too. This was a mere 24 years ago and I do not accept that

Quote:

we were wrong, but now we have a chance to do something about it.

Funny your government didn't learn from supporting Pinochet either!

Quote:

People are dying in Iraq under Saddam's regime everyday.

You already said that and I've made it clear that the US had lots of chances to help Iraqis and Iraqi kurds in the past and turned their backs when they decided to let them rebel on their own (and be subsequently slaughtered). There are not excuses for then nor are there any for the inadequate diplomatic processes smudged today!

For the Iraqi civilians: Flee your country, we can't hold them back any longer.

Furthermore, if you have been brainwashed by the masses and love Saddam may probability lend you luck.

I certainly do not beleive in killing Iraqis who "love Saddam". They do not deserve death by virtue of having a persuasive leader and poor lives in which such a leader is revered!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    filmmaker2002,

I doubt your friend understood what "US imposed sanctions" means.

I have friends from Kuwait, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Palestine and Qatar. They also hate Saddam but since I've known them (2-3 years) they have always been on edge about the US presence in the middle east.

They are upset about sanctions and regime change.

Whether they are blind to Saddam's tyranny or not, they still know the terror of economic sanctions which have been major killers in the region for 11 years.

I doubt they would have cut out her tongue for just being Christian...Saddam's ex-foreign affairs minister was Christian (left to divulge info to the allies).