Publishing Flash

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
can someone send me a screen shot of their publish settings...when i export it becomes pixelated...and i can't get it to work

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Can you be more specific? Do you mean that your images are pixelated, or the entire movie? Flash uses JPEG compression for bitmapped images, so maybe setting the compression higher will help.

More importantly, remember that vectored art stays smooth when it gets resized, bitmapped images lose resolution when they get scaled up.

In other words if you create a 320 x 240 flash movie, and place it in your HTML to scale to 100% of the window size, your images will get jaggy/blurry if the browser window is larger than 320 x 240.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    its pictures...png's i made into 'graphics'

http://www.easdpa.org/flash/EIntro.html

(for some reason there may or may not be a square around the 'E'
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Yea, I think the scaling is your problem. Looks like the movie is set in your page at 400x500. Are these the same dimensions as the stage in your .fla file?

Take a look at this example. The exact same flash movie is embedded into the page twice, only the bottom one is scaled to be bigger than the original flash movie. You can see how jaggy the image is.

Either you are embedding your movie into your webpage too big, or you stretched the 'E' logo when you placed it in your original .fla file.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i'll check but i just used the HTML created when i published it so i would think it would be the right size

...guess there is no reason not to at least check...i'll check it out 2morrow thanks (have to check it out at school)