I keep getting a runtime error

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Im forced to use a PC here at work, and as I go from screen to screen on the new site, (doesnt matter what page) I get a "runtime error on line 58. Do you wish to DeBug" warning.

It might just be on my end, Im running visual studio, so that might be the culprit. Any one else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I'm not sure what this might be. I haven't looked at vB's JavaScript code in months (yes, we've been working on it a long time ); so, there may be something in there that IE doesn't like. I'll add this to my little to-do list.

In the mean time, you can probably just ignore those errors.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

I'm not sure what this might be. I haven't looked at vB's JavaScript code in months (yes, we've been working on it a long time ); so, there may be something in there that IE doesn't like. I'll add this to my little to-do list.

Thanks Brad, Great Looking New Site! You guys do a great job.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Does this help: (line 58 - also claims an object is expected on line 59)

58:<script language="JavaScript">

59:<!--

62:// -->

63:</script>

If there isn't a script or function to run here at 59, I believe this can just be taken out. (line 58-63)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Wow, what an irritating problem.

The problem is this:

the preloadImages() function doesn't work on IE

I've loaded up your Javascript in my debugger and this is pretty clearly the problem. Please fix ASAP because this site is completely unusable (this errror exists on all pages at this site)!

I do like the changes though.

On the main page, this function is in line 66. On most pages, this function is used on line 58. In the Edit post page, this function is used on line 80.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DrCreations

Im forced to use a PC here at work, and as I go from screen to screen on the new site, (doesnt matter what page) I get a "runtime error on line 58. Do you wish to DeBug" warning.

It might just be on my end, Im running visual studio, so that might be the culprit. Any one else?

You won't see this error unless you have a debugging environment installed. I too am running Visual Studio. I get to see all the javascript errors in web pages. Sometimes it sucks to be a software developer because you get to see the errors that everyone else gets to pass over.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yevgeny

You won't see this error unless you have a debugging environment installed. I too am running Visual Studio. I get to see all the javascript errors in web pages. Sometimes it sucks to be a software developer because you get to see the errors that everyone else gets to pass over.

exactly! take care.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    sapisapi Posts: 207member
    i'm getting this error each time I want to go to another forum:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Link to server lost, unable to reconnect in /usr/local/www/aivbforums/docroot/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

_

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.

Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

is it me, or you?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    bluesignsbluesigns Posts: 315member
    Internet Explorer Script Error

Microsoft JScript runtime error:

Error: Object expected

=========================

i'm getting this on IE5 Mac in OS9.