Customer receives 17" PB! Pigs seen flying all over Cupertino!!!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
www.powerbookcentral.com

About bloody time.

And I just found this in GD.

http://homepage.mac.com/jtaylor.mac/PhotoAlbum9.html

For those who recieve theirs, report in and post pics!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tboxmantboxman Posts: 72member
    From who's arse?

Apple has built and shipped 150 units so far. Don't know when the others will ship. This info is from two sources. I would love to be wrong as I've been waiting since Jan 10.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Mine shipped on Monday. I ordered on Jan. 10th from Apple (stock unit). It left Taiwan this morning and Fedex has the estimated delivery date as "3/20/03 before 10:30am." Needless to say, I'm pysched. Updates once I get it in my hands!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Worst unpacking photo gallery ever!

• Reply 4 of 9
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    I hope one of the lucky 150 PB owners will take his bok apart and posts photos of the internals. I'd like to see what Apple did with all this space...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    don't you be dissing flying pigs...lol

-a cincinnatian
  • Reply 6 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Is this the longest that it's taken for Apple to release any products in mass quantity? I'm not saying that they are with the 17" PB YET, but it seems to me like they've never had a product go so long after "immediate release."

Then again, was it an immediate release? I don't remember them saying anything like they did with other products like the initial shipments of TFT iMacs (i.e. fragmented release dates for different models)
  • Reply 7 of 9
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Remember the first G4 tower?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Yes, but...

ORDER DATE: 10/01/99 - 12:16 AM Pacific Standard Time

The following products shipped on 12/04/1999.

That was for a BTO 450MHz, which turned out to be the fastest available. Just a hair over two months. Looks like the 17" PB is winning.

Of course, the Cinema Display arrived over a month after that...

Alex
  • Reply 9 of 9
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    No, the AI was said to ship in february. which means that it was not late untill march. The first duel 500 took longer than that.