'Wolfwalkers,' 'Stillwater' pick up 11 Annie Award nominations for Apple TV+

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple TV+ animated film "Wolfwalkers" has scored 10 Annie Award nominations, while animated series "Stillwater" grabbed another for the Apple streaming service.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

Ahead of the ASIFA-Hollywood's 48th annual Annie Awards, "Wolfwalkers" was nominated for Best Indie Feature, Best FX for Feature, and eight other categories. A full list is available below.

• Best Indie Feature

• Best FX for Feature

• Best Character Animation - Feature

• Best Character Design - Feature

• Best Direction - Feature

• Best Music - Feature

• Best Production Design - Feature

• Best Storyboarding - Feature

• Best Voice Acting - Feature

• Best Writing - Feature

In the Best Indie Feature category, "Wolfwalkers" competes with "A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon," "Calamity Jane," "On-Gaku: Our Sound," and "Ride Your Wave." The Apple TV+ series is expected to come away with the top prize in the category. It leads the pack in terms of nominations, tied with Pixar's "Soul," which also has 10 nominations.

"Wolfwalkers" has also been nominated for other awards, including a Golden Globe for best animated picture nomination. It's also a front-runner for an Oscar nomination.

Additionally, Apple TV+ brought home a nomination in the Best TV/Media - Preschool category for "Stillwater" episode "The Impossible Dream / Stuck in the Rain."

The 48th Annual Annie Wards will be streamed live on April 16.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Ooh, I immediately thought the style looked like Song Of The Sea, which was a lovely film.  It's the same studio and director; I'll definitely check it out.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    I admire the artistry of WolfWalkers but I didn't really get into the story as much. Worth a watch. Making deals with small publishers like this is a good idea. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I find it bizarre that Apple would win the award rather than Cartoon Saloon (https://www.cartoonsaloon.ie/).  All Apple did was buy the rights to distribute the film in some markets.  Oh well, good for them.