I have just put my music on the net for (free) mp3 download. WEIRD thing happens!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's a rather large piece called "The Hope" and written in memorial of the heroes (among them the danish commander Olfert Fischer) and the fallen (on both sides) in a gruesome battle between the danes and the british in 1801. The danish navy comssioned it in 2001 and it is peformed by the Royal Danish Naval Band among others.

Today Denmark enters the war against Iraq with a submarine and a ship called "Olfert Fischer". The timing for the internet release really IS a coincidence (!) It has been planned for over a month, but what a coincidence...

Tell me what you think about the music

http://www.magle.dk/music-forums/21-...ercussion.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Wow.

That's all I can say. Excellent. Very powerful.

• Reply 2 of 12
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    I'll Have to hear it first, but put it in gnutella or limewire
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Thanks Jonathan! Really glad to hear you like it! I care a lot about my works and how they are recieved

nx7oe: If you don't want to download through amazon.com, there is a direct link you can use instead: http://www.magle.dk/audio/frederik_magle-the_hope.mp3 I prefer this way to gnutella/limewire etc. Hope you will dl it anyway and tell me what you think.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Both sections are great, but the choral part is incredible, one of the best contemporary pieces I have heard.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    impressive. good to see people can still write pieces that are this moving
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Thank you so much for theese wonderful comments about The Hope. It makes me very happy! It's responses like theese that makes me go on even during hard times.

I'd like to ask a big favor (no pressure!... well, only a tiny little bit ). In a few days or weeks this thread is going to sink to page 2-3 (like most threads do naturally), and maybe some day it will disappear all together along with the comments. If some of you would write your comments both here at Appleinsider and at either amazon or my own forum, I would appreciate it a lot!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    I like the harmonic structure, it has a lot of complexity.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Nothing beats hearing his stuff IN PERSON which I did
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Well, 4 days after the launch of of the mp3 download, I must say it's quite overwhelming! Checking the statistics of my website, I see that "The Hope" has been downloaded 1084 times! (with 3235 MB transfered, which of course means that not all downloads has been completed, but still...). This from my site alone.

Also, it has reached a pretty high spot on amazon.com, being the no. 3 most downloaded mp3 in it's category (Classical (Instrumental) >Theatrical, Incidental & Program Music)

For me, the whole thing is kind of a test to see if it's a good idea to put more of my music up for free download in the future. The download rate is good so far, but my desision will be based on the responses I get (reviews, comments etc.). Time will tell. So please continue to bring on the comments (good as well as not so good). thx
  • Reply 10 of 12
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Someone still hasn't paid for his domain
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Someone still hasn't paid for his domain

Bah
  • Reply 12 of 12
    btw, my server stats tells me no. of dl has reached 2048 today!! (friday) (5.90 GB). Any idea where alll these dl comes from? I have submitted to different mp3 search engines and other links, but still...

Seen any links to it on the net (besides this one)?