/Network/Library/Fonts/

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
How do I get the fonts in my /Network/Library/Fonts folder show up to other network OS X users?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    simple, dont put them there. Fonts should only go in ~/library/fonts or /library/fonts. /Library/Fonts is the one you are looking for. You can only put them in the /library/fonts if you are the administrator, however.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    /Network is where *other* machine's resources show up, *not* where you put things to have them show up elsewhere.

Don't muck with /Network.

You want to create a Share Point to do this. Someone else can walk you through it, I have a conference paper to write right now.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

/Network is where *other* machine's resources show up, *not* where you put things to have them show up elsewhere.

Don't muck with /Network.

You want to create a Share Point to do this. Someone else can walk you through it, I have a conference paper to write right now.

How do I "tell" the OS X server Mac with the share point to "serve" the fonts on it?

What if I have a storage folder of fonts on My IS Dept share point on my corporate OS X server? Will those fonts be "broadcast" to every OS X user accidentally?

Can I share the fonts over the LAN with an OS X (client) Mac, or must it be a OS X Server box?

Do users have to mount my share point over the LAN in order to use my fonts on their Mac?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    nothingnothing Posts: 23member
    In order to have things show up in /Network, you need a few things:

1. Mac OS X Server somewhere on your network that hosts a parent netinfo doman.

2. Create a folder somewhere on the server with all the fonts you want to show up, and then make it a static automount in /Network/Fonts.

3. Bind all your OS X Clients to the OS X Server using the Directory Access.app

The mechanics of doing all this should be contained in your admin guide.

hope that helps....