Oh The Glory Days..................

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hopefully Apple can claim that again in the next couple of months.

http://web.archive.org/web/199804291...www.apple.com/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Oh, don't worry, they will! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHAh! "We're sorry for haning Michael Dell in public..."
  • Reply 2 of 11
    ...sorry, that last post was a little....umm....evil.... but, anyways, the 970 will be awesome - Apple can't go wrong with IBM - I bet steve would kill me if I told him that 20 years ago.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    LOL... Boy is that a throwback to the old days. I can just barely remember that apple had their page set up like that.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    How do you think SJ will introduce it? I was picturing something along the lines of no introduction by SJ at the MW or WWDC keynotes, just the new case design spinning up from the floor to the tune of 2001: A Space Oddysey with the new 30" HD display and the display saying something along the lines of "Hello, I run at 2.5 Ghz." Can you IMAGINE the roar of the crowd. Immediate standing ovation, screaming, yelling...just amazing. Any other kickass introduction ideas?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

How do you think SJ will introduce it? I was picturing something along the lines of no introduction by SJ at the MW or WWDC keynotes, just the new case design spinning up from the floor to the tune of 2001: A Space Oddysey with the new 30" HD display and the display saying something along the lines of "Hello, I run at 2.5 Ghz." Can you IMAGINE the roar of the crowd. Immediate standing ovation, screaming, yelling...just amazing. Any other kickass introduction ideas?

Let's put Steve on the podium...lol. For some reason though, I can't picture anyone but Steve introducing the new PowerMac...
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Sounds good to me. Let's put Steve on the podium...and assuming Jon Ive is designing the new case, let's introduce him as well. He doesn't get enough time in the public eye for his brilliance.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Then we will have to have Phil come out to have a Photoshop bakeoff
  • Reply 8 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Don't forget the video with Ive waving his hands in the air saying something like, "When we looked at the design of the Power Mac 970, it was REALLY important that it have a style that was both very functional...and very attractive."

• Reply 9 of 11
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Mr Ive is a) very shy and b) jealously guarded by Steve-o (not least so all the limelight goes in the right direction ), so I'm not holding my breath.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Don't forget the video with Ive waving his hands in the air saying something like, "When we looked at the design of the Power Mac 970, it was REALLY important that it have a style that was both very functional...and very attractive."

• Reply 11 of 11
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    How about a bake-off where the "other" machine blows the doors off the high end PC and PowerMac's otherwise impressive performances.