Apple TV+ mental health documentary 'The Me You Can't See' airs May 21

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
The Apple TV+ documentary series by Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry has been given a title, with "The Me You Can't See" premiering on the streaming service on May 21.

Originally announced in 2019, the documentary series on mental health by media mogul Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, will finally air on May 21. Previously in development without an announced title, Apple confirmed its name on Monday as "The Me You Can't See."

The show will see Winfrey and Prince Harry guide discussions about mental health and emotional well-being, including opening up about their own mental health journeys and struggles.

The documentary feature a variety of high-profile guests to talk about mental health issues, including Lady Gaga, Glenn Close, DeMar Rozan of the San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns' Langston Galloway, Olympic boxer Virginia "Ginny" Fuchs, chef Rashad Armstead, and mental health advocate Zak Williams.

The production worked with 14 accredited and respected experts and organizations around the world on the project, including California surgeon general and Center for Youth Wellness founder Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, the co-founder of Sangath and professor of Global Health at the Harvard Medical School Dr. Vikram Patel, and Dr. Bruce Perry, senior fellow of ChildTrauma Academy.

"Now more than ever, there is an immediate need to replace the shame surrounding mental health with wisdom, compassion, and honest," said Oprah Winfrey. "Our series aims to spark that global conversation."

Prince Harry echoes the sentiments, stating "We are born into different lives, brought up in different environments, and as a result are exposed to different experiences. But our shared experience is that we are all human."

The majority of us carry some form of unresolved trauma, loss or grief, which feels - and is - very personal. ," continued the prince, "Yet the last year has shown us that we are all in this together, and my hope is that this series will show there is power in vulnerability, connection in empathy, and strength in honesty.

Oprah was originally going to participate in a second documentary, covering sexual misconduct in the music industry, but elected to back out of that project. She continues to work on "The Oprah Conversation," as well as a biographical documentary on her life.

The documentary was initially intended for release in 2020, but was delayed due to the decision of Prince Harry to cease official Royal Family duties and a move to the United States, as well as the COVID-19 pandemic.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.