Pc to old powerbook

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a AMD Duron computer and also getting a Powerbook duo 2300c on ebay. I dont have internet on my powerbook but might get it in the fitire and use my aol. But right now since i dont... i wantto download some free old programs to put on the PB. Since theres no internet on the PB, how cani get it from my PC to my PB. Im pretty sure theres a Floppy drive but im not sure. There must be , cuz how could you get programs on it...anyway. How can i get programs i downloaded on my Pc to the PB? Also i would like to knowif you know of any good old mac softwre sites..thanx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Quote:

Originally posted by classic_car4

I have a AMD Duron computer and also getting a Powerbook duo 2300c on ebay. I dont have internet on my powerbook but might get it in the fitire and use my aol. But right now since i dont... i wantto download some free old programs to put on the PB. Since theres no internet on the PB, how cani get it from my PC to my PB. Im pretty sure theres a Floppy drive but im not sure. There must be , cuz how could you get programs on it...anyway. How can i get programs i downloaded on my Pc to the PB? Also i would like to knowif you know of any good old mac softwre sites..thanx

I checked this with MacTracker. The duo 2300C has no connectivity except for SCSI. It does have a dock port but I'm not sure what is avaiable through the doc. Besides, you don't have one.

The only reasonable way to move things on and off this machine is through an external scsi drive. Since you don't need a large one you might be able to find a used one on ebay or at a swap meet for not much. You will need a special cable but those are not hard to come by. You can format the HD on your PC. The Mac can read PC formatted drives.

One place to look for software is Version Tracker for Mac OS. The duo can run up to Mac OS 9.1.

There was another site that specialized in older and discontinued software but I really can't remember the name. Try a google search.

You can get iCab, Tex-Edit Plus, Apple Works or Claris Works for this computer. There was a great drawing program called SmartSketch which is still floating around (it was bought out and became Flash as we know it today). Nisus will let you use an older version (4.7?) for free. It is a great word processor for 68k level Macs. Older versions of File Maker will work well on this if you can find one.