iMoive export has no sound

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi,

I've just finished an iMovie project in which the voice has been dubbed over. Everything plays fine in iMovie (and in the preview of iDVD although I haven't buned a dvd yet) but when exported to quicktime there is NO SOUND. I've tried different compressors, etc and always no sound. In addition, if I load the iDVD QT file into Cleaner 6 it plays fine in the preview, i.e., there is sound, in sync, but the output has NO SOUND.

Any help in solving this would be appreciated.

---------

Well, in case anyone is interested, the problem turned out to be ONE apparently corrupted audio clip. When this was deleted sound returned to the export????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    It does sound rather like futzed sound export options: I believe the iDVD output is raw DV, so if the sound's in there, the project is okay.

Have you tried exporting it to a camera to see if there's sound on that?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

It does sound rather like futzed sound export options: I believe the iDVD output is raw DV, so if the sound's in there, the project is okay.

Have you tried exporting it to a camera to see if there's sound on that?

I was going to try that but found that deleting the last audio clip cleared everything up. Given that in Cleaner 6 the preview played fine, but the output still lacked audio I was worried that burning the DVD would also fail. Now I don't have to find out.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Hmm, very odd! Glad you sorted it out though.