Glenn Close to join Apple TV+ series "Tehran" for second season

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited June 2021
Oscar-nominated actor Glenn Close has signed on for a lead role in the second season of Apple TV+ international spy thriller "Tehran."

Credit: Brigitte Lacombe/Deadline
Credit: Brigitte Lacombe/Deadline

Close will play Marjan Montazeri, a British woman living in Tehran, Deadline reported Tuesday. She will play opposite Niv Sultan, Shaun Toub, and Shervin Alenabi.

"Tehran" follows the story of Mossad agent Tamar Rabinyan, played by Sultan, as she goes undercover on a dangerous mission in the capital city of Iran.

According to Deadline, Close, who was recently nominated for an Oscar for her part in "Hillbilly Elegy," is a fan of the Apple TV+ series.

The series debuted on Apple TV+ back in 2020. In January 2021, Apple officially renewed the espionage thriller for a second season.

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.AppleInsider is also bringing you the best Apple-related deals for Amazon Prime Day 2021. There are bargains before, during, and even after Prime Day on June 21 and 22 -- with every deal at your fingertips throughout the event.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    it’s good to see actors of all stripes finding work outside of the Hollywood establishment. Many films are getting made that would have been ignored by the big production companies.
    Beats
  • Reply 2 of 6
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,572member
    The final episode of season one implied that one Israeli pilot had bailed out over Iran. I figure season two will be about rescuing him. I would guess that the pilot ends up hiding in Marjan Montazeri's home.
    edited June 2021
  • Reply 3 of 6
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,858member
    Oh Whoopi Doo the people of Iran were lost in 1953…The series is like watching American Indians in a 1950’s western…
  • Reply 4 of 6
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    One of my favorite Apple TV+ shows. Close adds the credibility of a familiar face to the show. More likely a third season will get Greenlit.
    williamh
  • Reply 5 of 6
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,034member
    I loved Season 1. I would have preferred to this the air date for Season 2. At least this is news. Close is very talented and will be awesome. Exciting!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    danox said:
    Oh Whoopi Doo the people of Iran were lost in 1953…The series is like watching American Indians in a 1950’s western…
    I have tried, but I simply don’t understand the comparison you’re making here. I’ve concluded, therefore, that you’ve never actually watched the show at all.