Rogers quietly adds support for Apple Business Chat

Posted:
in iOS edited July 2021
Rogers has become the latest major organization to include support for Apple Business Chat, enabling customers of the Canadian carrier to chat with representatives using iMessage.

Apple Business Chat is a feature that launched in 2018, with the aim of streamlining customer service queries by using iMessage. Using the feature, customers can ask questions, make bookings, and even pay for services, all within the same app.

While not publicly announced by the carrier, it seems that Apple Business Chat has quietly been added to Rogers' support offerings. First reported by iPhoneinCanada, texts to Rogers' toll-free number brings up an option to "Message Us Now," and to "Get fast, easy support from our team."

The Rogers logo is also shown with a "Verified" badge, as well as the option to call the toll-free number instead of starting an Apple Business Chat session.

Rogers follows after a long list of companies that support the chat feature, including Best Buy, Zendesk, American Express, and Sprint. It is available in the United States, as well as Canada, the United Kingdom, and other territories.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,464member
    Hmm I’ve never used that feature and don’t know how to. I even forgot it existed. Has anyone here ever used it?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    gregoriusmgregoriusm Posts: 513member
    From iPhoneinCanada: “iPhone in Canada reader M.G. noticed today if you text the Rogers toll free number 1-888-764-3771, you’ll now see an option to start a chat with Messages…”
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Yup, used it in the UK last year with First Direct. Works well. I recall asking the rep what he knew about me and nicely he said nothing, so no obvious privacy leakage. Did mean he couldn’t answer account specific questions…
    edited July 2021
  • Reply 4 of 5
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    This is the same messaging infrastructure Goldman Sachs uses for their Apple Card customers, right?  (IMessages in grayscale rather than colored blue or red)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Seems I need ten words to answer your question so…