All He Eats Is Big Macs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/0....ap/index.html

Quote:

FOND DU LAC, Wisconsin (AP) -- Don Gorske is already in the Guinness Book of World Records for eating Big Macs -- but it's not about the fame anymore.

Gorske, who downed his 19,000th Big Mac Tuesday, said he wouldn't know what else to eat if it weren't for Big Macs.

"I'd be clueless," he said, adding that he ate a piece of pizza recently, but it "just wasn't the same."

"It wasn't my first choice," he said.

Gorske, 49, of Fond du Lac, eats two Big Macs per day and drinks little else beside Coke. He also keeps track of everything he eats in a notebook.

"I admit I'm obsessive compulsive," he says. "I have so many compulsions."

At 6 feet tall and 180 pounds, Gorske said he proves that foods you love don't have to make you fat.

In fact, attorneys defending McDonald's against a lawsuit claiming its food makes people fat used Gorske as an example of someone who frequently ate fast food but stayed slim.

Yeah, so he's managed to stay at 180lbs. eating two Big Macs a day, but what about his heart? Dude's gonna keel over and die by the time he's...too young.

I'm sorry, but you've GOT to be obsessive-compulsive to want to ONLY eat Big Macs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27

Good find. Anybody do anything compulsively like that?
  • Reply 2 of 27
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, I come to this stupid message board when I just KNOW I'm going to get pissed off at the rampant idiocy contained within.

Does that count?

• Reply 3 of 27
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    And I often find myself replying to dumb-ass threads when I've got nothing genuine to contribute.

• Reply 4 of 27
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Yeah, I come to this stupid message board when I just KNOW I'm going to get pissed off at the rampant idiocy contained within.

Does that count?

• Reply 5 of 27
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I set my alarm clock, then check the volume of the radio, then check the time again, check the alarm is set to 'music', then check the time again, check the volume, make sure it's on 'music' by moving it back to 'tone' then up one click to 'music', making sure the switch is seated right there in 'music' nicely, then I'll check the alarm time once more before checking the volume.

Then after hopping in bed I'll usually check the alarm time once more. Just to be sure.

Oh yeah, and I think a Mac over 30 days old is bad luck.

• Reply 6 of 27
    When a link to CNN starts with http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest you just know what kind of story it will be...
  • Reply 7 of 27
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

When a link to CNN starts with http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest you just know what kind of story it will be...

Watch out, now! \

<------------ See where I'm from?
  • Reply 8 of 27
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    Hey, have you guys seen the thread about the unfair use of force in Iraq in this forum?! NO??? Check it out man, it's hilarious!!! New has put some bait out and Pscates has just taken it hook line and sinker!!!

• Reply 9 of 27
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member

• Reply 10 of 27
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
  • Reply 11 of 27
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

Good find. Anybody do anything compulsively like that?

I ate pizza for 31 days straight, once.

(Old pizza definition, not NEW one where so many diff things are called pizza)
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Aw yuck the guys doomed.

I have to say I am definately obsessed with this forum as well. Everytime I drop a message i HAVE to come back and defend myself....its getting bad again, I suppose thats why i left for such a long time
  • Reply 13 of 27
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

CNN is good about this. They even have a dummied-down newsfeed intended for people with sub-median IQs:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/Europe/Denmark

• Reply 14 of 27
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    you talkin' smack about the midwest?

do it again and i'll sic Da' Bee on you!

• Reply 15 of 27
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    19,000 Big Macs!!

Tats like 1 big mac a day for 52 years!!
  • Reply 16 of 27
    I have a very similar addiction. I am addicted to water. Drink it several times a day, at basically every meal. Sometimes with special flavorings added though. Like filtered through coffee bean grounds in the morning and with tea and lemon for lunch and other shite on occasion as well. Sometimes just for variety I augment the water with chunks of frozen water when I desire water but covet a cooler version of water. Water owns me.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

CNN is good about this. They even have a dummied-down newsfeed intended for people with sub-median IQs:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/Europe/Denmark

Uhh. You misunderestimates the greatness of the CNN hp structure. The link you provide goes to the area about Denmark, not news for danes. So yes the area provides news about Denmark that is dummed down, so the rest of the world have a chance to understand just a little bit about the very complex events going on here. Actually almost the opposite example of that of the midwest.

Just look at what we have done for the last couple of weeks. Started a war against a country that have never done anything against us while UN actions were starting to work against it. And letting a presumed war criminal from the same country flee the country.... Errr. Nevermind
  • Reply 18 of 27
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Does compulsive masturbation count?

(What a 4000th post!)
  • Reply 19 of 27
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I always goto McDonald's as well... just order their sandwich.. no value meal except for breakfast.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

I always goto McDonald's as well... just order their sandwich.. no value meal except for breakfast.

Whats your cholesterol level?