Apple Music may be coming to Playstation 5 soon

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Two people have seen Apple Music linking options show up on Playstation 5 consoles, leading to speculation that Apple's service will soon be available.

A Reddit user first spotted the service's availability when making a new account on a Playstation 5. In conjunction with long-time music streaming Spotify, the Apple Music icon was available as well, suggesting that the user could download an app for functionality.

However, when other users attempted the same thing, the common error of "this app is playable only on PS4." That doesn't mean much, however, as that particular error is a standard one when an app isn't available for whatever the reason.

While Eurogamer reports seeing the dialog box when the publication shifted to a US account, both The Verge and AppleInsider were not able get the icon to appear.

It's not clear what's going on at this point. Sony has implemented the Apple TV app on the Playstation 4 and Playstation 5, so Apple Music availability is a likely addition in the future.

The addition of Apple TV to the Playstation was discovered in a similar way. The app was found in beta on Microsoft's Xbox, and Sony very shortly confirmed the addition to its Playstation ecosystem after the discovery.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I’d rather see PS Now on Apple TV.
    darkvader
  • Reply 2 of 7
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    crowley said:
    I'd love to be able to buy a PS5.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    sdw2001 said:
    crowley said:

Isn't that thing a year old already?  It's hilarious that they're not readily available yet.  I mean, it probably wouldn't be funny if I wanted one, but since I have zero interest I just get to keep laughing every time it comes up.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    darkvader said:
    sdw2001 said:
    crowley said:

Isn't that thing a year old already?  It's hilarious that they're not readily available yet.  I mean, it probably wouldn't be funny if I wanted one, but since I have zero interest I just get to keep laughing every time it comes up.
    Strange, spiteful sense of humour you have.
    sirlance99watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Right. Put it on every toy, but not on Linux when this system as desktop is mature now and supported even by some banks (yes we can work from Linux). When Apple is gonna get smart and compiles this software to be available in Linux stores? So far someone wrote port of Apple Music for subscription, but obviously it is not the same as some protocols are disabled. Seriously, not being able to use Apple Music turns users on Linux to 7Digital and Spotify services, but it is not as good.
    edited October 2021 williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    The title of this article shouldv’e been ”PlayStation 5 may be coming soon
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    amar99amar99 Posts: 181member
    Yes but first we need the PS5 to come to the PS5.
    watto_cobra