iOS 15.2 includes Apple Music Voice Plan, Digital Legacy feature, and more

Posted:
in iPhone edited December 2021
Apple's upcoming iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 updates expected next week include a number of significant new features, including Apple Music Voice Plan support, Digital Legacy, and new App Privacy Reports.

iOS 15.2 includes Apple Music Voice Plan, other new features.
iOS 15.2 includes Apple Music Voice Plan, other new features.

On Tuesday, Apple seeded the first release candidate beta versions of iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2, among other updates. The release notes for the update details a range of new features.

For example, iOS 15.2 brings Digital Legacy support to Apple's mobile operating system, allowing users to designate people as Legacy Contacts who can manage their personal information in the event of their death.

In addition, the $4.99 Apple Music Voice Plan is also available in iOS 15.2. The cheaper subscription allows users to stream Apple Music via Siri voice commands.

App Privacy Report is another new feature first highlighted at WWDC 2021. It allows users to get an overview of how often apps are accessing sensitive information and using permissions such as location or microphone access. The feature also lets users know what domains websites and apps are contacting.

Other new features in iOS 15.2 include an option to scan for nearby, unwanted AirTag trackers, an updated version of Communication Safety for kids in Messages, and a toggle for macro mode on iPhone 13 Pro models in the Camera app.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The „ to scan for nearby“ makes AirTags nearly completely useless as theft protection – to prevent stalking. 
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I am missing karaoke plan from Apple and I would be fully organized and satisfied.
    edited December 2021
  • Reply 3 of 5
    The „ to scan for nearby“ makes AirTags nearly completely useless as theft protection – to prevent stalking. 
    Depends on how it's implemented.  For instance (and I have no idea whether or not this is part of the product, or even feasible), if "scan for unwanted AirTags" filters out those tags for which the parent iPhone is within a certain distance of the AirTag, it might serve to mitigate some of the problems.  Not eliminate, but mitigate.

I sincerely hope that Apple has put some major thought an effort into not making them useless for all but the simplest use cases.
    edited December 2021
  • Reply 4 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    I’m on build 19C56 and am not receiving all of these 15.2 features. For example, I don’t have the “Scan For Items That Can Track Me” in Find My, I don’t have the updated TV app with the new sidebar, and I can’t find the Apple Music Voice Plan anywhere. Everything else is as advertised. All in all, a pretty decent upgrade, but is anyone else having problems with missing features?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Also, I’m not seeing the “iPhone parts and service history” in Settings.