Re-seating key on an iBook?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all,

The "6" key on my iBook was knocked off while I was removing the keyboard to get to the RAM slot. How can I re-seat the key? I have tried a few things but so far I have had no luck. The underside of the key does not apper to be damaged but it still does not slide properly into place.

Please help.

Matt

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I knocked the Esc key off earlier today while doing the same. I couldn't get it back on till I noticed two little 'posts' that fitted into appropriate holes on the key's base. Once they clicked it worked a treat.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    That happened to my R key. It came off and the little scissor things came undone too. I was pretty worried but I finally figured out how to fit the scissors back together (there are little tabs + holes on them) and I put the key back on. But now when I press the top edge of the R key, the bottom edge pops off. I don't notice it at all because I always hit the center of the keys, not the top edge, but once in a while I hit it and I'm reminded of it. I wonder if Apple will replace my keyboard under warranty, or if it's considered accidental damage?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Knocked off the up arrow off the ibook, broke the plastic holder though, so I super glued it on. Not very good but works. Knocked the escape key off several times but I just pressed it back in hard, snaps in.