Fallout of Germany's stance

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So what would you all think if the US decided to pull all of their miltary bases out of Germany and move them over to Poland in light of Germany's current stance with the US? (and Poland's intense desire to get some foreign money into their economy)

Would that strike you as petulant, smart thinking, impossible?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    We definitely need to show Poland some love, but I don't like this idea of "punishing" France and Germany. Unless they have been selling illegal weapons to Iraq in which case they need to be diplomatically Saddamized.

Better to have friends than enemies, the worst punishment they can have is further knowledge of how truly powerless they are after acting like they mattered.

*hugs France and Germany*
  • Reply 2 of 4
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Well if it makes sense militarily then sure why not?

What was that stat I know? The US has the largest population of Pols outside of Warsaw. Or was it Chicago that had the largest population of Pols outside of Warsaw? I guess that's kind of the same thing. Maybe I don't know it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

So what would you all think if the US decided to pull all of their miltary bases out of Germany and move them over to Poland in light of Germany's current stance with the US? (and Poland's intense desire to get some foreign money into their economy)

Would that strike you as petulant, smart thinking, impossible?

Well, I can closer speak Polish than German. So, sure that makes sense to me. It's not like the Germans have a good track record on dependability
  • Reply 4 of 4
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Well if it makes sense militarily then sure why not?

What was that stat I know? The US has the largest population of Pols outside of Warsaw. Or was it Chicago that had the largest population of Pols outside of Warsaw? I guess that's kind of the same thing. Maybe I don't know it.

And they still can't screw in their lightbulbs.