Apple's Stock Price Success

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Being a sophomore in high school at the time and not really interested in things outside my little subculture there (and working pretty hard actually for the first time), I had no idea Apple's stock rose to such levels in 2000 -- the 130s??! I guess inflation truly is an amazing thing.

Anybody think Apple will take the cake again with the next wave of comps. and OS? Microsoft has, unfortunately, caught up admirably, but they still frustrate their users beyond belief. I think the most positive outcome as far as the OS/hardware wars go would be for there to be a mutual competition in healthy proportions, none of the 3%/97% "competition." Windows can't go away and won't be usurped by MacOS or Linux or whatever, but I think it's possible to see a well-balanced computing world. And I don't even consider consumer benefit as a factor -- on a whole, computers are cheap, Macs included. Whomever disagrees needs to educate themselves a bit more.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    That was during the height of the dot-com boom. Shortly afterwards, they split their stock, so the price was halved. As I recall, it was around the 100 mark that they did that..