Godzilla and the Titans original series coming to Apple TV+

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ has announced a series order for a brand new live-action series focused on Godzilla and the Titans based on Legendary's Monsterverse franchise.

Image Credit: Apple
Image Credit: Apple

The yet-unnamed series will take place after a battle between Godzilla and the Titans has leveled San Francisco.

As humanity comes to grips with learning that monsters are real, one family will work to uncover their legacy linking them to a secret organization known only as "Monarch."

The yet-untitled series will be produced by Legendary Television and was co-created by Chris Black ("Star Trek: Enterprise," "Outcast"), and Matt Fraction ("Hawkeye").

The new project will premiere on Apple TV+ alongside an ever-growing catalog of world-building dramas, including "Foundation," "Invasion," and "See."

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Yes!!!
    finally, my Apple TV + sub is getting something worthy.  Can’t wait! 
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Please, Apple, don't make it super slooooowwww pace like Invasion. It's unbearable and unwatchable.
    williamlondonpaul yeobloggerblog
  • Reply 3 of 12
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Please, Apple, don't make it super slooooowwww pace like Invasion. It's unbearable and unwatchable.
    For you maybe. Some of us occasionally like to take a break from the hyper-edited, cgi and sfx spectacles that are available everywhere else in our attention deprived society. To occasionally enjoy the drama of a well-written story with real world cinematography and nuanced acting. That’s what kept Invasion from looking like every other sci-fi project around. That said, I can’t imagine a Godzilla series following that blueprint, at all. 
    edited January 2022 patchythepiratespliff monkeyh4y3sbeowulfschmidtmjtomlinaderutter
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Same feeling. Invasion pacing is too slow for me too.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Nice! I hope they keep the somewhat serious tone from that Godzilla movie they’re basing the show off of. Godzilla king of the monsters was a complete shit show, can’t believe they even made it. Godzilla vs Kong was at least watchable and entertaining, but lazily written for the sake of unnecessary, over the top cgi. I don’t mind a slower pace at all so long as it’s more thoughtful and grounded than the newer Godzilla movies. 
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Though Shin Godzilla had its detractors, I thought it was very entertaining - very tongue-in-cheek, with an inept military trying to do the best it could. 

King of Monsters was a huge letdown, given how King Gidorah is my favourite Kaiju. Godzilla vs. Kong was a little better.

All said and done though, even with Legendary's shaky work on the Monsterverse, the combination of Godzilla and Apple TV+ makes the fanboy in me really happy!
    edited January 2022
  • Reply 7 of 12
    I may consider re-subscribing if it’s not a yawner like Foundation 
  • Reply 8 of 12

totally agree. Lot of hype and when u finally watch it is totally sleepy

• Reply 9 of 12
    I may consider re-subscribing if it’s not a yawner like Foundation 
    I actually love Foundation. The pace is good. The story is good. It's "The Hunger Games"-ish type of plot but more of a epic space opera setting like Star Wars (love) without hyper space battling.
    edited January 2022 patchythepiratefirelock
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Invasion is too slow. Foundation is too complex. Monsters fighting each other is just dumbed down action. It's almost like Apple thinks the population is filled with people with different tastes or people who want a spectrum of shows rather than the same thing thrown at them every time.  It should all just be Scream as You Die Harder but Faster and More Furiously Fighting in the Star Wars
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Looking forward to a “popcorn” Monsterverse live-action show! Regarding Invasion, there is a difference between slow-pacing and a complete lack of motion. For example, Foundation is slow-paced by modern standards, yet there is something important happening in each episode that drives the plot forward. No episode is wasted time. Whereas Invasion spent the entire first episode focused on a character (played by actor Sam Neil) that was killed off at the end of that episode. As far as I can tell there was nothing in that entire story line that supported any other plot thread or helped developed the plot of the show in any way. It was literally wasted time and effort.