Samsung's Galaxy S22 Unpacked event is on February 9

Posted:
in General Discussion
Samsung is expected to unveil its newest S-series flagship phone in early February at the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event.

According to Samsung, the company "will set an epic new standard for smartphones with the most noteworthy S series ever created."

Samsung's Galaxy S22 will likely be the product announced, provided that the company hasn't made any major changes to the naming standard.

As Engadget points out, there may not be massive changes to the new flagship smartphone this time around. However, it seems possible that there may be an onboard slot for the S Pen, which would signify the final end of the Galaxy Note line, as it has not been updated since August of 2020.

The Galaxy S22 Ultra could start out with less RAM in the base model -- 8GB -- versus last year's 12 GB in the S21 Ultra. There may also be a 50-megapixel camera on the regular Galaxy S22, versus the S21's 12-megapixel camera.

Those interested will be able to watch the event live on Wednesday, February 9 at 10 am ET on Samsung's website.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Not sure why this is here 
  • Reply 2 of 5
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    A bunch of shi**y devices horribly based on Apple patents and knockoff Apple devices will be shown. Like last year and the year before.

-My prediction.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Because it’s a company that makes knockoff Apple hardware. Otherwise if they stuck to fridges and washing machines  it wouldn’t be here.

still weird though. 
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Beats said:
    A bunch of shi**y devices horribly based on Apple patents and knockoff Apple devices will be shown. Like last year and the year before.

-My prediction.
    You seem to be misinformed. Actually many Apple patents belong to Softbank (owner of my previous employer) which includes ARM patents (apple is investor in Softbank if you did not know that). Also many inventions came to Apple AFTER Android devices. I suggest reading a bit about mobile history. I still use 2018 LG G7 Android phone that had far better screen and sound (Quad DAC) than any Apple mobile device until 2019-2020 when Apple released new phones. So do not be so sure about Samsung as well. They came up with things that Apple never came up or came up only later, but obviously you are lacking this knowledge. Sure Apple came with their own, but it is not like Apple was followed only.

Next thing we will learn from you that Apple came up with idea of folding mobile phone. Well guess what. Samsung released it already a year ago or so. And LG had that idea as well, but they came up with different kind of "folding" and it was on the market long time ago.
    edited January 2022 byronl
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Because of competition. So when there is something new some ignorant lovers of Apple do not claim some innovations are only contributed by Apple. It is smart to watch competition. Traditionally both companies compete and bring something new at about the same time.
    byronl