Timbuktu bug: anyone else seen this?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've been using Timbuktu to assist my father with his computer. For the most part, it works well, but I keep having this problem where my remote view freezes up and no longer updates unless I disconnect and reconnect.

When this happens, my connection is still going. I can blindly manipulate the remote system even though my view of its display never changes. I've gone back and forth a few times with Netopia's tech support, but they don't seem to get what I'm getting at.

It's not unusual for this screen update freeze-up to happen once every 5-10 minutes. There don't appear to be any network problems on either end when this happens. I'm beginning to think the screen update process itself is just getting fubared and it doesn't repaint the display after a certain point.

Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, it would be great it you'd chime in and let Netopia know I'm not the only person affected.

For what it's worth, we're both running OS 10.2.4 and Timbuktu 6.0.2. I've got cable modem at my end, and my father has DSL.