Networking Epson printer with router....

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have an asante router with a paralell port connection for a printer...I have 2 macs and a pc in found in the trash (what an appropriate place for it huh?) I also have an epson 740i which also has a parallel port connection.

My question.

Can i print from os x and os 9 via the parallel port connection on the router with my epson 740i?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I have the same kind'a setup only with a HP printer. I could never get the Macs to print to my Epson because the Desktop Printer Utility in OS9 only recognizes postscript printer definition files (which Epson doesn't use).
  • Reply 2 of 6
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    what about just os x and a windows machine?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I think Windows would work, but since I don't use OSX yet, I can't help you there.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

I think Windows would work, but since I don't use OSX yet, I can't help you there.

well its obvious it would work for a windows machine otherwise the port on the back of the hub serves no purpose whatsoever...the question is will the paralell port on the hub work with an epson printer and print via osx
  • Reply 5 of 6
    will the parallel port on the hub work with an Epson printer and print via osx

The parallel port will work with an Epson printer. Maybe some of the OSX people here can help out with part 2 of your question.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Printer support fo the 740i, is on the OS X CD, you might need to install the 100MB of additional printer drivers etc or just download the correct file rom the epson website.

You then just start printcenter and setup an ip printer.

Dobby.