Your .Mac Account Is Now Your Apple ID or "The Music Service Draws Nearer"

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Quote:

Dear Apple Customer,

On April 10, 2003, Apple will be making some changes to its customer account system. Apple will unify login information across Apple ID and .Mac accounts.

According to our records, you have both a .Mac account and an Apple ID with the name [omitted]. (You have established an Apple ID if you have made a 1-Click purchase through iPhoto, purchased items from the Apple Store, or used the Apple Support site.)

Since your account names (User IDs) for your Apple ID and .Mac are the same, you will still use that account name. However, as of April 10, your .Mac password will become your Apple ID password and your old Apple ID password will no longer work.

Additionally, if your .Mac account included your billing information and your Apple ID did not, your 1-Click accounts are now populated with your .Mac billing information. If you'd prefer not to use the same billing information for .Mac and your Apple ID account, you can visit the Apple Store or iPhoto and change your 1-Click billing information at any time.

For more information, go to Support.

Sincerely,

Apple Computer

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Well, alrightey then. \
  • Reply 2 of 6
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Works for me. Saves me having to pick another password every 90 days.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    An iPod update was released today. They say it increases battery life but I wonder if it also does other things, like play AAC or some other codec. Add to that the upcoming iTunes update and we have the music service.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    FINALLY! The only question is: why hasn't Apple done this sooner?

Barto
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by David R

An iPod update was released today. They say it increases battery life but I wonder if it also does other things, like play AAC or some other codec. Add to that the upcoming iTunes update and we have the music service.

That happened like a week ago, dude
  • Reply 6 of 6
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    Ah hm yeah. Long week.