Telegraphing a new product?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was at the Indianapolis Apple Store the other night, grooving on the atmosphere.

There is a large poster that occupies the whole front window of the store that portrays a man deep in thought, reclining in a chair in his office with a pad of paper in his lap and a pen in his hand. Directly in front of the poster on the floor of the store is a file cabinet and a new iMac. It's a very nice arrangement, very eye catching.

What struck me was that whatever the man writes down on his pad of paper, he's got to re-type it into his iMac.

It's like everyone sees the need for an Apple Tablet except a certain iCEO.

Frustrating....

Also, they had a G4 desktop with a huge LCD screen with Inkwell on and a Wacom tablet connected to it. So I rapturously took up the stylus of the tablet and commenced to try to recreate the Newton experience.

I couldn't get it to work. Some functions of the stylus worked (like moving the Inkwell frame). I could not get the handwriting recognition to work.

Inkwell is beautiful. It's like Apple never really killed the Newton and kept developing it and the last several years of waiting for the New Newton never happened and were just a curious little side dream.

Way frustrating.

BTW, they had an iPod SuperJacket on display too. Pretty neat.

That is all.

Aries 1B

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Yeah, my local Apple store also had that jacket on display.

I don't think Apple will release a tablet. I just don't see it happening. But I've been wrong before.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    pics man pics

ah screw it... i was planning on going down there anyway...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

pics man pics

ah screw it... i was planning on going down there anyway...

Alas, pictures would only leave you as befuddled and confused as I was. The office in the poster was really neat.

I mean, HERE'S THIS GUY THINKING GREAT THOUGHTS AND CAPTURING THEM WITH A PEN!!!! AND RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM IS AN IMAC THAT HE'LL HAVE TO RE-TYPE HIS NOTES INTO!!!

PEN AND COMPUTER!!

PEN AND COMPUTER!!!

PEN AND COMPUTER!!!!

egad!

Aries 1B