an affordable digital camera that likes your mac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Once again, sorry if this topic has been done. For some reason, I can't search the archive.

Right now, I have been using a fuji finepix 1300 (paid about $150 on ebay for it) and it works great, but I am tired of having to buy batteries every two weeks. I would like a new digital camera, priced at $250 or lower that has a chargable battery and can also be plugged into a wall (for when I am taking pictures of items to auction).

Any help would be terrific. All I need is a decent amount of photo storage, small LCD screen and even a zoom this time around would be nice. And as I mentioned, a chargable battery with plug in option.

Jessica

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chic4mac

Once again, sorry if this topic has been done. For some reason, I can't search the archive.

Right now, I have been using a fuji finepix 1300 (paid about $150 on ebay for it) and it works great, but I am tired of having to buy batteries every two weeks. I would like a new digital camera, priced at $250 or lower that has a chargable battery and can also be plugged into a wall (for when I am taking pictures of items to auction).

Any help would be terrific. All I need is a decent amount of photo storage, small LCD screen and even a zoom this time around would be nice. And as I mentioned, a chargable battery with plug in option.

Jessica

NiMH rechargable batteries are ideal for digital cameras. What are you doing, buying AA batteries?

Try Radio Shack or search froogle.com for a NiMH battery charger and four (or eight) rechargable AA batteries. I have used nothing else for years. It should set you back $40 at the most. If you were to budget another $40 you should be able to get a 128 SmartMedia card here

Another way to drastically save battery time is to invest in a media reader, either USB or PC Card (if you have a PowerBook). Downloading eats batteries very rapidly.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Yeah, if you do that, and try to use the viewfinder instead of the LCD screen, your battery time should improve dramatically
  • Reply 3 of 3
    chic4macchic4mac Posts: 99member
    yes, I was using reg. batteries but will go to radio shack and get the ones you suggest! thanks!