"Reply Posted" Notice?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Forgive me if someone has mentioned this. Would there be a way to give a user an option to turn on a feature that would either have an alert pop-up or e-mail sent when someone replies to a post that you make?

For example, if EmAn replied to this specific post and said, "Good idea." Then, like PM notifications, it would have a little script box pop up that says "Someone has replied to your post in the thread "'Reply Posted' Notice? Click here to view the reply." or it would send me an e-mail.

I dunno, it may just have to be an e-mail notification, or maybe the whole idea is impractical in the first place. I just know that it'd be cool to be notified automatically when someone replies to my specific posts. It would keep all of us from having to hunt down threads in which people may have replied to us specifically.

Brad, Jon, whaddya think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    well.. I'd like to say something about it, but as you only asked jon and brad, I'll shut up. \

I think it's a good idea. IMO.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    see the button at the bottom?

yeah you do... the one with "Subscribe to this thread"

It does exactly that! But it only emails you once until you return to the thread - so you wont get a million emails if you start an argument and go out for the day.

Also, you can set this to be the default action for all new threads / posts you make. When you write your reply to me, have a look at the options at the bottom of the page... one of the tick boxes is "Email Notification"

HTH.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    i find it easier to just search for my posts in the last week or so and going through them... i don't like getting stupid email
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Actually, our email is rather "smart"...