Quicktime Full Screen --> Pro only?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi guys,

I have this great keynote presentation exported to quicktime.

Now it will be used on a PC connected to a projector, and would be nice if that could be presented in full screen mode.

Is that option available on a PC using standard quicktime player?

(i use pro and its there, but i'm not too sure if it is available in player version)

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Nope, sorry the standard Quicktime player on both Mac/Win does not have the Full screen mode enabled... it's only available on the Pro version.

Oh, yeah I just tried something, the free standard RealOne player for windows appears to play quicktime files just fine, and you can use full screen with it (available from the View menu). I think that'll be the solution to your problem
  • Reply 2 of 4
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Nope, sorry the standard Quicktime player on both Mac/Win does not have the Full screen mode enabled... it's only available on the Pro version.

Oh, yeah I just tried something, the free standard RealOne player for windows appears to play quicktime files just fine, and you can use full screen with it (available from the View menu). I think that'll be the solution to your problem

Thanks!

• Reply 3 of 4
    OK

While it works, i don't want to put realplayer on people machines...

Is there anything else i can do?

How about taking this quicktime movie into Macromedia's Director and creating projector?

I think this is really dumb, why not include an option of making it executable file for pc? (full screen)

ehhhh

Thanks for any ideas guys.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Ok

Here is the tip of the month:

To make .mov movie play full screen on STANDARD (not pro) quicktime player:

1. open the file in quicktime.

2. Choose SAVE AS

3. Save it in the same location as the original (doesn't have to be in the same location, but it simplifies the process, in my case), DO NOT MAKE IT SELF CONTAINED.

4. Open newly created file in TextEdit

5. Erease everything and copy these 3 lines into that file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?quicktime type="application/x-quicktime-media-link"?>

<embed src="junk.mov" fullscreen="full" controller="true"/>

(of course change junk.mov to whatever your .mov is

6. Save it with .qtl extension

Open it in QT.

It is not perfect solution, but much better than enything else i have seen so far.

Enjoy.