This had me laughing out loud :-)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, I guess it's time for another joke thread or maybe not...

Anyhow, I found this joke and need to share it with you

Here goes:

Quote:

The other day I went to the local religious bookstore, where I saw a "Honk If You Love Jesus" bumper sticker. I bought it and put it on the back bumper of my car, and I'm really glad I did. What an uplifting experience followed!

I was stopped at the light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought at the Lord, and didn't notice that the light had changed. That bumper sticker really worked! I found lots of people who love Jesus. Why, the guy behind me started to honk like crazy. He must really love the Lord because pretty soon, he leaned out his window and yelled, "Jesus Christ!" as loud as he could. It was like a football game with him shouting, "Go Jesus Christ, Go!!!"

Everyone else started honking, too, so I leaned out my window, and waved and smiled to all of those loving people. There must have been a guy from Florida back there because I could hear him yelling something about a "sunny beach," and saw him waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. I asked my two kids what that meant. They kind of squirmed, looked at each other, giggled and told me that it was the Hawaiian good luck sign. So, I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back.

Several cars behind, a very nice man stepped out of his car and yelled something. I couldn't hear him very well, but it sounded like "Mother trucker" or "Mother's from there." Maybe he was from Florida, too. He must really love the Lord. A couple of people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and began walking toward me. I bet they wanted to pray, but just then I noticed that the light had changed to yellow, so I stepped on the gas. And a good thing I did, because I was the only driver to get across the intersection. I looked back at them standing there, leaned way out the window, gave them a big smile, and held up the Hawaiian good luck sign as I drove away.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I think that's a pretty lame joke. Sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    That's hilarious man.

der Kopf, you are lame.

(sorry, just trying out a little flame. I never get to do it in my forums)

heh
  • Reply 3 of 13
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    htere si something kinda profound about it though . . . the depths of repressed misunderstanding made possible by the love of idylls
  • Reply 4 of 13
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    ever notice the name der Koph sounds a lot like jerk off?

at least with my midwestern pronounciation it does.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

ever notice the name der Koph sounds a lot like jerk off?

at least with my midwestern pronounciation it does.

Ever notice that it doesn't in the 5000 living languages you don't speak?

Also, it's not der koph, but der kopf. And, if I were it to do all over, I'd go for 'de kop', which is the same, but in the language which I call my own.

Anyhow, alcimedes & murbot, what're your problems with me? I thought AI's PM system was quite elaborate.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Ah, come on, let's not get upset with eachtother... It's just a joke!

Der Kopf, I think it's a very funny joke (and I'm even christian!). I guess humor varies, but this one makes me laugh every time
  • Reply 7 of 13
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    relax man, i was kidding around.

hence the

just a little good natured teasing, nothing personal.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Dude, I didn't think you of all people had thin skin.

Just a little joke, man.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Just a little joke, man.

Here at Apple Outsider, we all have thin skin. That's half the fun! 8)
  • Reply 10 of 13
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I'm now! HAHAa!!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Just a little joke, man.

I'm sorry, man. I take two baths daily in shards of broken glass, and still I'm as hurtable as a newborn puppy. A fire-spewing puppy, maybe, but still, a puppy.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

I think that's a pretty lame joke. Sorry.

haha definatly lame, i'll agree with you

...better zip up the old anti-flame suit

(man some people really cant take a joke well...not saying u specifically der kopf but some people i'll tell ya...u are a slight example)
  • Reply 13 of 13
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    yeah...those flame-suits.. you better strap 'em on, because it gets hot in here, I tell 'ya-!