Is the hiding feature really necessary?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
The question implies the (or at least my) answer: no. I don't like it. I think nobody's in some forum, and still, I'm struck witless by two replies a second. I don't like that. Maybe you could implement at least something like "25 shy members are currently hiding in this forum". I must have some kind of complex. I'd like to be able to say that, no matter what, "der Kopf is watching you".8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

I think nobody's in some forum, and still, I'm struck witless by two replies a second. I don't like that.

Paranoid much?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I agree, whats the big deal that you have to be hidden anyway?

if you are hidden, do you show up as a guest? because I saw the other day a "guest" "replying to a thread" on the CAU page...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I'm hidden. Why? Because I like it.

I don't want you to see how often I'm skimming these pages.

• Reply 4 of 7
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

Well, der Kopf is NOT watching you!

I can understand though, I thought about hiding myself when the possibility was offered, but now, I like to see who's in a forum, it just makes it easy to decide whether it'd be advisable to wait for a reply directly or to browse the web and then come back. I think it's, in some way, fair to the others to be unhidden.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    You know, up to this point I've never really paid attention to who's online. I occassionally glance at HOW MANY people are online, but not WHO. I guess I just don't care all that much.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    i'm hiding too.

but not from you guys.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

I'm hidden. Why? Because I like it.

i'm also hidden. i don't want people to be able to track me in any kind of live sense. i'm paranoid, and i think that those out to get me would have a better chance finding me if they knew i was sitting static. i dont see any legit reason anyone should know that i (thuhfreak) am on at any particular moment. and the narcs would use that power in some unruly manner. ["don't worry," says fred. "we are already here."; Am i the only one who finds it odd that the voices in their head can type?]