10.2.5 paves the way for iSync 2

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
so, 10.2.5 offers extra bluetooth support including the P800. this puts the frameworks in place.

someone on the my-symbian boards has spoken with Apple UK, who told him that the new version of isync is due late may, start of june! thats quite a wait!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Yay! Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

I can send and receive SMS from my P800!

Yup, stage one was getting the Bluetooth protocols healthy and the next is getting the apps to work. I had this exact thought too. Excellent news.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    No I bloody can't.

It still doesn't work despite the fact that the blue light goes on in Address Book. The only concrete difference I can see is that little blue light (indicative of good things as it may be).

Now for the updated apps.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    what i'm finding odd is this...

i click the bluetooth button in addressbook.app

my p800 says that i need to reject or accept a file (so something is being pushed to it?)

if i accept addressbook doesn't connect at all

if i reject it does connect, but sms doesn't work

hmmmmmm
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I don't get that ... hmmm ... I had to quit and relaunch before I got anything working.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

I don't get that ... hmmm ... I had to quit and relaunch before I got anything working.

ah, ha! that worked...
  • Reply 6 of 11
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

ah, ha! that worked...

So what are you able to do now, othello? Can you do anything beyond sending SMS (and tranferring files with 3rd party app like before)? Both P800 owners and smartphone-less people like me want to hear all the nitty gritty.

I'm still wavering on buying a new phone. On one hand I would love to buy a hypothetical iPhone later this summer, or even a P800. On the other hand, I don't want to pay much for a phone, and a phone-phone without much PDA funcionality would be sufficient for my needs. I guess that waiting can only increase my options.

Escher
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

So what are you able to do now, othello? Can you do anything beyond sending SMS (and tranferring files with 3rd party app like before)?

to everyone else its not that exciting, but to P800 owners it is!

i can now use the address book facilities (dial/incoming call/SMS), which i could with my nokia 6310i. before the P800 couldn't connect to address book. can't sync yet, but the hooks are there for it now.

the bluetooth pref pane is new and better in my opinion. just to be sure i paired my P800 from scratch again. after following Harald's advice i quit address book and it works sweet

file transfer is as slick as before using bluetooth file exchange.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    You're lucky ... I can't even use it for SMS at the moment!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

You're lucky ... I can't even use it for SMS at the moment!

oh for god's sake...

it worked before and has now decided not to have any of it. bloody thing...

harald, its flakey for sure
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Gonna check Apple discussions ... I think there's angst about this ...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Gonna check Apple discussions ... I think there's angst about this ...

Yes there's angst; no not everyone has it working; no no-one's worked out how to make it work.

Grrrrr.