Trouble with New Matrix Trailer, Skips/Stutters....

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So I see the link to this very high res (1000x540, 100MB) version of the matrix trailor, download it, and it skips and stutters and plays like crap... ACK!

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/w...al_1000_dl.zip

I updated quicktime from 6.1 to 6.1.1 and no effect, restarted and hav no other apps running, and even tried from a ram disk, no effect. It seems to be CPU bound.

I'm on a 1Ghz TiBook, 1GB Ram, OS X.2.5

Can anyone on a 1Ghz Tibook or lower run that trailor ok? I would like to know if its just going to need something faster than what I got or if something is up with my system...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Plays perfectly on my machine, 12"PB, 640 MB RAM, 10.2.5.

However, other apps seem to run somewhat more slowly when the trailer plays.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Yeah, the 1000 res trailer was lagging a bit on my 800 iBook as well, I was thinking maybe HD transfer rate or something wasn't quite quick enough. If you try the 640 res trailer, it should play fine.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    i find the only place it really happens is towards the beginning of the trailer when Trinity falls out the window in Neo's dream... Other then that, my 667 DVI book running 6.1.1 and 10.2.4 plays the trailer fine...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    This iMac (500 MHz, 576 MB RAM, 7200 RPM HD, OS 9.1, QuickTime 6.0.2) also stutters, even when the movie is on a RAM disk.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by biaachmonkie

So I see the link to this very high res (1000x540, 100MB) version of the matrix trailor, download it, and it skips and stutters and plays like crap... ACK!

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/w...al_1000_dl.zip

I updated quicktime from 6.1 to 6.1.1 and no effect, restarted and hav no other apps running, and even tried from a ram disk, no effect. It seems to be CPU bound.

I'm on a 1Ghz TiBook, 1GB Ram, OS X.2.5

Can anyone on a 1Ghz Tibook or lower run that trailor ok? I would like to know if its just going to need something faster than what I got or if something is up with my system...

Same machine here, no skipping...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    minipb 640megs of ram and it plays like crap. A minimum of 7 fps dropped, sometimes as high at 17. 10.2.5 and QT 6.1.1.

edit: just tried again and it was fine. I think that last night I was running on battery power and today I had it plugged in. Is reduced processor speed checked on your computer?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    I had the same problem with my 400 mhz imac dv however i rebooted into 0S9 and the first thing i did was play it and nothing else and it played fine. Didn't try from jaguar as i have to reinstall it. ITS WORTH IT HTOUGH
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

minipb 640megs of ram and it plays like crap. A minimum of 7 fps dropped, sometimes as high at 17. 10.2.5 and QT 6.1.1.

edit: just tried again and it was fine. I think that last night I was running on battery power and today I had it plugged in. Is reduced processor speed checked on your computer?

Damm... Reduced processor power was selected. Damm...

Well I've been pretty happy with performance with it, now I guess get some "free" speed... lol...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by biaachmonkie

Damm... Reduced processor power was selected. Damm...

Well I've been pretty happy with performance with it, now I guess get some "free" speed... lol...

That's a good way of looking at. But does that mean that people on 667 g4's can't get the trailer to run smoothly? Surely that can't be right.