TurboTax Web On Safari?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
anybody tried using TurboTax on the Web within Safari? Does it work well? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cygsid

anybody tried using TurboTax on the Web within Safari? Does it work well? Thanks.

I used IE for TurboTax web, but now I don't remember specifically what the problem was, sorry. You know, you can go through the whole thing for free, so you might as well try it yourself.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Safari has some issues with certain web sites. I haven't tried TurboTax Web in safari yet, but I'd probably do it in Camino because of that. It has issues with the nerve.com personals section too..

Crap, I mean, so I hear....
  • Reply 3 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I had to use IE for Turbotax. Safari didn't work right. I can't remember what it was. :/
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by cygsid

I tried using TurboTax earlier in the day with Safari, and was surprised at the use of text boxes filled with numbers indicating their order (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) instead of radio buttons. Finally, I became suspicious and tried out Camino, which placed radio buttons in the places where Safari had put text boxes.

The whole thing struck me as being rather odd, honestly. I don't know why Camino would render forms differently from Safari, and maybe I'll check tomorrow, but I'd suggest using something distinctly not Safari with TurboTax online in the meantime.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    cygsidcygsid Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by edibiase

I tried using TurboTax earlier in the day with Safari, and was surprised at the use of text boxes filled with numbers indicating their order (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) instead of radio buttons. Finally, I became suspicious and tried out Camino, which placed radio buttons in the places where Safari had put text boxes.

The whole thing struck me as being rather odd, honestly. I don't know why Camino would render forms differently from Safari, and maybe I'll check tomorrow, but I'd suggest using something distinctly not Safari with TurboTax online in the meantime.

Yeah I had the same experience. I moved to IE to complete my return. Too bad Apple hasn't released an updated fixed version in time for tax season. TurboTax is probably one of the most used web applications out there. Almost everybody I know uses it for their tax return.