Any way to make Mouse "OS 9 responsive" in OS X?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am getting tired of the mouse being so slow(unresponsive) in OS X. I move my hand 2 or 3 times more in OS X to achieve the same result than in OS 9. I have tried MouseZoom but it's not quite enough. Anyone have a suggestion for this? (besides buying a faster computer--not buying anything till the 970s come out )Appreciate the help guys.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Wait. You mean MouseZoom, on the highest setting, isn't fast enough? No way! It's so freaking fast I can't use it at all!

However, you might try USB Overdrive, which lets you set the amount of acceleration. Also, Kensington's MouseWorks software lets you set the amount of acceleration as well but it requries a Kensington mouse.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Luca, you are so right. I tried MouseZoom again and it's wicked fast. It seems that it had not installed correctly the first time I used it a while back. Now it's working fine and I love it. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Um, I think you mean "Tracking Speed" in the mouse control panel. Mouse Zoom is for people with bad eyesight.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Ahh, the irony. No Ringo, we meant MouseZoom....as in the freeware program MouseZoom.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Yeah, the Tracking Speed in the Mouse prefpane only goes so high - not nearly high enough for some. I can just live with it at the highest setting. MouseZoom increases the tracking rate and you can bring it from 0 to 7. The fastest you can go without MouseZoom is 1.7... so you can imagine how fast 7 is!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Ahh, the irony. No Ringo, we meant MouseZoom....as in the freeware program MouseZoom.

Meep. Sorry! ::is dumb::