TabletPowerBook ?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Anyone thing that a Powerbook with the 'flip screen' and a touchscreen LCD would be kick ass? I hope that Apple tries that. I think that the tablet/laptop computers are the best bet for tablet PCs. You get a keyboard and everything, and you can use the touchscreen when you need to. Best of both worlds.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Ok. Lets get this banged into your head.

WHATEVER APPLE DOES, IT WILL BE LIKE NOTHING ELSE ON THE MARKET. PERIOD!!!

I don't think that Apple would take the easy path and copy a PC design. Anyway, the hinge on those flip-tablets are pretty flimsy.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Ok. Lets get this banged into your head.

WHATEVER APPLE DOES, IT WILL BE LIKE NOTHING ELSE ON THE MARKET. PERIOD!!!

I don't think that Apple would take the easy path and copy a PC design.

I didn't mean an exact copy. I'm sure there are lots of ways to make this an 'apple' idea, but a touchscreen on my TiBook would be kick ass.

On another note, what if this *is* a good idea? Why should Apple ignore it just because someone else thought of it first? I mean Jobs has that kind of an ego, but hopefully the rest of Apple does not. This might not be 'the greatest idea since sliced bread', but what if someone invented a great idea on the PC side and Apple ignored it? Wouldn't that be a stupid move? Then Apple could say 'at least we are original' as they waltz into backruptcy court. I'm not saying this is a 'make or break' technology, but I was just suggesting a cool idea and wondering what people thought. I'm sure I'm not the first to post something like this. My TiBook on it's own is better than the PC offerings, but that's a cool tech that the PC offerings have. Why do people have to make such rabid responses to everything?

Quote:

Anyway, the hinge on those flip-tablets are pretty flimsy.

The TiBook screen itself is pretty flimsy and getting oils on the screen is bad news too. These are things that bringing this tech to TiBook would have to overcome. But I still think that it would be kick-ass if they made it work.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Anyways... I think that it is absurd to think that Apple would copy something from the PC Drones market. Everything they have done is revolutionary in thought and design. As such, I think anything short of spherical or with telepathic link would be unacceptable...