Quirky behavior in Dock

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

If I open an application in my dock, use it and then quit, the application closes fine, but randomly sometimes leaves one little dot underneath the application, like under the "Just Quit" part of my diagram above. This doesn't happen all the time or with any particular program, it happens randomly. My system specs. are below, does anyone know what the problem could be or what is doing this. It really isn't a problem, just annoying to look at, I have to move the icons, restart, or change the size of dock for the dot to disappear. This has come and gone, and sometimes does this for awhile then stops and won't happen for awhile. This has occurred over several months ago, then stopped and has come back. I have already gone through repair permissions, and repair disk. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Sadly, this bug has been around since 10.0 (possibly even the public beta) and STILL hasn't been fixed. It's so minor and only cosmetic, though, that I doubt it's on any high-priority list for Apple to fix.

It has randomly happened to me and many other people I know. There is no "fix" that I know.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Ah, thanks Brad, you always have the answers. 8)

Another quick question, why is it that every time I run the repair permissions, the Disk Utility always says this:
    Code:

We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./System/Library/Filesystems/hfs.fs/hfs.util.

New permissions are 33261

I can run repair permissions millions of times and it will always say that. What's up with that?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I get that everytime too.