Apple reports tomorrow..

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple reports its earnings tomorrow.it will be interesting to see how their doing.

Lets hope it's good news.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    dygysydygysy Posts: 182member
    um, that should be how they're doing.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    FYI You can edit your own posts.

I predict lackluster iMac sales, even lower PowerMac sales, decent PowerBook sales (hampered by shipping delays...) and decreased iBook sales...

Yeah... we'll see...
  • Reply 3 of 23
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by serrano

I predict lackluster iMac sales, even lower PowerMac sales, decent PowerBook sales (hampered by shipping delays...) and decreased iBook sales...

Yeah... we'll see...

That they haven't warned is the ONLY good thing. A whole 3 months with no iPods in most of the channel? 17" PB's not shipping until about 3 weeks ago? PMacs still shitty. Thank goodness for that $4bil as a nice interest garnerer.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    They also seemed to sell a bunch of Airport Extreme base stations, 150,000 at what appears to be high margins given that other networking manufacturers sold 802.11g routers for around $140, and one of the tech tracking firms claimed the avg selling price for Apple's was closer to $250, leading one to believe that they were able to sell more of the ones with the integrated modem, which surprises me a bit. That should help the profits a small amount.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I'd be interested to see how many 12" PowerBooks have been shifted. The margins, although not as good as the 17", are probably still quite good.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Originally posted by serrano

Yeah... we'll see...

I bought the PowerMac anyway... and many of my friends bought the 12" PowerBook.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Out of curiosity, for the business people out there, how does the 17" PB sales work as far as the unshipped orders? Is it just not recorded in their sales numbers for the quarter since they haven't charged those people for the computer yet? Or is it recorded as unearned revenue, and if so does it add to revenue for this quarter or next quarter? I forgot stuff from the financial acctg course I took a bit ago.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Out of curiosity, for the business people out there, how does the 17" PB sales work as far as the unshipped orders? Is it just not recorded in their sales numbers for the quarter since they haven't charged those people for the computer yet? Or is it recorded as unearned revenue, and if so does it add to revenue for this quarter or next quarter? I forgot stuff from the financial acctg course I took a bit ago.

That really depends on their reporting statement itself. For the most part it would be an account recievable, therefore, it would be an asset to Apple, with a footnote on when to expect payment. Whether they handle this before or after the unit is shipped is where I can see there would need some clarification.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Street is predicting +.2 a share vs. +.10 last year. No losses this quarter. At the last analyst meeting Apple said sales would be flat this quarter. There should be no surprises.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    For the time being Apple can afford to make little or no profits, as long as they slowly gain market share. What I want to know is whether the market share of apple has increased at all since the switch campaign started.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    xmogerxmoger Posts: 242member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Algol

For the time being Apple can afford to make little or no profits, as long as they slowly gain market share. What I want to know is whether the market share of apple has increased at all since the switch campaign started.

http://www.pegasus3d.com/macmarketshare.gif

When did the campaign start?
  • Reply 12 of 23
    The 'Switch' campaign began on June 10, 2002.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2002/jun/10switch.html

For reference, that's about in the latter part of Q3 2002 Fiscal Year for Apple, but I think for the graphs it's the latter part of Q2 2002 calendar year.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    As we're posting links, here is the link to the Live Quicktime Stream of the Conference Call. Begins today 2pm PT/5pm ET.

ps. I love this little disclaimer which we on AppleInsider are, of course, going to pay much attention to

Quote:

Please note that comments made during this call may include forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. For more information on the factors that could influence results, please refer to Apple's SEC filings.

• Reply 14 of 23
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

2% is frightening.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    As time has shown, whether its good news or bad, Apple's stock price will go down.

Though, its hard to imagine it getting much lower without Apple being worth only as much as their cash reserves.

How is it that company can be so undervalued as Apple? It just doesn't make sense...
  • Reply 16 of 23
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

How is it that company can be so undervalued as Apple? It just doesn't make sense...

Wall Street has never been "fair" to Apple.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Apple needs to stop crying about it and get moving! I want to see 10.3, the 970, new iPods, cheaper throughout!
  • Reply 18 of 23
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Inevitable

Imagine if Apple had a CEO who really meant what he said about generating marketshare.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Quote:

Please note that comments made during this call may include forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. For more information on the factors that could influence results, please refer to Apple?s SEC filings.

Does Apple's page always say that?

And 5 pm ET, is that European time...?
  • Reply 20 of 23
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    That's a typical lawyer blurb to cover their tush, pretty much all companies have blurbs like that.