Giving SARS the Big ...rse

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know how the "press'" love to beat up a story, But SARS has got to take the cake.

Yes I know its been killing people, just over a hundred so far, but the way the media has been going on about is incredibly irresponsible.

Nations are really beginning to fear the impact this "scaremongering" is having on their respective economies.

Yes people have died, but the fact remains that of every 1000 cases only 1.5 people are actually dying. The rest are pulling thru. Compared to mennigicocal, typhoid, common everyday flu's, chicken pox & malaria, its a overblown no-show.

Perhaps Countries, & their respective tourism industries, airlines etc should be speaking to lawyers regarding compensation for this Big overblown SARS hyperbole.\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    They may have overblown it somewhat, but that's reporting--and i don't think it rises to the level of criminal misreporting.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    reminds me of the sharks in Florida bit.

lol, but fortunately this is america, someone will sue them one of these days.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    SARS is really dangerous. Its highly infectious and the virus is constantly mutating. Its not to be taken lightly.

Yes, it may only currently kill 1.5 ple out of 1000. But who wants to be that 1.5???

My country is currently being plagued by the virus, and there are already quite a few deaths. Many of them are hospital staff. I am telling u, this is serious. I am just hoping that the virus will die out soon, or the consequences will be unthinkable.

One thing for sure, I would rather contract the common flu than SARS.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Yes the media hypes... but SARS is a bit different than other "colds" because deaths not only occur in the young or elderly, but also in 20-40 year olds who don't have any preexisting medical condition. All I know is that I don't want to play russian roulette with SARS... None the less..... here's an interesting read to think about (I'll post it again in this thread)...

SARS Scam
  • Reply 5 of 11
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Stunned,

I sense your anxiety so don't wish to raise any hackles.

You might be pleased to know a medical company has devised a test that detects the virus within 24 hours of contact, not the two to three weeks.

It is being shipped to Singapore & HongKong as i am writing this.

In the meantime, you may or may not want to look at the link I have provided regarding normal "Flu"

http://www.stanford.edu/group/virus/uda
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Nadnerd,

I looked at the link you provided. I only hope it's not true.

What are they doing the fools !
  • Reply 7 of 11
    nadnerb, yeah right, it's the Rockefellers and their UN puppets and the ... and the...... and the......
  • Reply 8 of 11
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Stunned,

I sense your anxiety so don't wish to raise any hackles.

You might be pleased to know a medical company has devised a test that detects the virus within 24 hours of contact, not the two to three weeks.

It is being shipped to Singapore & HongKong as i am writing this.

In the meantime, you may or may not want to look at the link I have provided regarding normal "Flu"

http://www.stanford.edu/group/virus/uda

Thanks aquafire!

Test kits are already available for sale in Singapore, and boy its not cheap.

I am not really scared and I am trying to continue living my life as usual. But with news of new cases of SARS rising every day, its hard not to take notice.

I just wish that like the Iraq war, SARS will be over swiftly.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alex London

nadnerb, yeah right, it's the Rockefellers and their UN puppets and the ... and the...... and the......

he he... I never said I believed it.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by n a d n e r b

he he... I never said I believed it.

No problems,

I am sorry to hear that the test cost a lot. That's a thing the government should be subsidising as part of the community response to the problem. There is always some R-Sole wanting to make money out of such distress.

On the flip side, statistically, it still appears that 95% or 97% percent who catch it actually recover fully. There is no apparent side effect.

In comparison to Mennigicocal that can strike completely out of the blue, those who catch it and actually sutvive often lose limbs or end up with terrible skin scarring for the rest of their lives. It strikes withou ryhme or reason & to date has killed tens of thousands from babies to robust healthy people.

Yet mennigicocal doesn't rate according to the press.

Keep well & God Bless
  • Reply 11 of 11
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Now, it's official , the virus is a coronavirus. He has been fully identified. Test will be avalaible in the next coming days.